Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email today from "Honda <[email protected]>", but the site it links to is "www.e-rewards.com". The email uses the Honda logo and honda email, and the site uses the Honda logo, but I don't know if the email or the site are legit. It probably is, but they ask for a lot of personal info, so I decided to be suspicious.

Anybody else get this?
Anybody familiar with e-rewards.com?
Does Honda have somewhere I can forward this to and see if it's real?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
e-rewards is a huge world-wide market research company, so I would guess legit. How personal is the info they ask?

If any email asks for bank or credit account info, social security number, etc. then it is a phishing scheme - report them to your State Attorney General's office.

But if it "personal taste/shopping" type info - then they are collecting and selling market research info.

e-rewards sets up "panels" of people they can target survey, like their consumer panels. Then they sell the results of their survey data to manufacturers and businesses who want to better target specific customer bases with their advertising/sales.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mostly think it's odd because it's clearly from e-rewards, but they threw the Honda logo in there, and used a Honda email to send it. But it never says anything like "partnered with Honda", or clarifies the opposite, that they are NOT part of Honda.

It also seemed odd that they knew my name, email, I'm a Honda-owner, but then they still want all my info for the signup. Nothing shady like bank routing, etc., just full name, 2 emails, full address, DOB, gender, phone number... I've done surveys before and they just ask for age, sex, zip.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I got this too i wonder if they got my e-mail from facebook. i joined a honda site there.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got one of these too, however I did not click on the link. I'm assuming Honda sold our contact info or gave this company the rights to take it from Ownerlink. Anyone actualy taken the survey yet?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'd say owner link is the culprit. I started to register but the free gift with terms and conditions caused me to bail. Well, that and they wanted too much information. If Honda wants to do a survey, I'm sure they could come up with the resources to do it themselves.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Here's a twist for everyone to mull - "messages1.com" belongs to MarkMonitor (http://www.markmonitor.com), a company whose business is protection of online product branding and corporate ID. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Honda has contracted with MarkMonitor to handle their "affinity response" traffic generated through OwnerLink.

If Honda wants to do a survey, I'm sure they could come up with the resources to do it themselves.
Nope - they hire it out, like everyone else. Exactly as done here.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nope - they hire it out, like everyone else. Exactly as done here.
You would think they could at least make it look more connected and more simple. I mean they practically ask for a biography and then offer you a free prize that hopefully has no strings attached.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
You would think they could at least make it look more connected and more simple. I mean they practically ask for a biography and then offer you a free prize that hopefully has no strings attached.
The more data they collect the higher the price they can charge for the info.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Although I didn't fill out the first survey, I just received another survey from the messages1.com regarding the new dog friendly E coming out. I decided to click on the link and take the survey. It took all of 2 minutes and did not ask any personal info-just my thoughts on the new accessories.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts