Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put the winter boots on the E and noticed that the summer rubber is looking a little thin.

I'm running 17" wheels and will be replacing Yoko Avid TRZ's in 225/60R17.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=300054&postcount=10

I'm thinking of adopting the more rugged AT look this time around and upsizing to 235/65R17. This size is 1.1" taller and ~.6" wider than stock so I don't think I'll have to worry about any rubbing. My spedo will be 4.2% slow, but I don't really care. It will give me a few more mph on the insurance co's big brother monitor.

215/70-16 5.9" 13.9" 27.9" 87.5" 724/mi 60MPH 10000mi N/A
235/65-17 6.0" 14.5" 29.0" 91.2" 695/mi 58MPH 9594mi 4.2%

There are a ton of tires in this size, the top of the list at the moment are the rather widely liked Bridgestone Dueler Revo's, the Yokohama Geolander AT-S and a Falken High Country AT which apparently is rather new and I cannot find too much about.

I imagine these tires may affect my MPG, does anybody have any real world indication of what sort of drop I might bee looking at?

I'd also appreciate any indication of what sort of road noise I can expect from AT tires in general or any of these tires in particular.

I'm also open to suggestions on other makes and models.

Thanks
-hs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bridgestone REVO 2

Hey, I know this might be a bit late, but I just had firestone install the 235 Bridgestone Revo 2's on my ABM 06 LX 2WD's stock rims and they are the best! Fill the wheel wells nicely and not too much road noise. Of course there is a bit more noise than a touring tire, but it is certainly tolerable. They handle water like it isn't even there and are a bit grippy for the loose stuff, plus they are aggressive enough looking to make the E look like it's got a pair. Go with the white letters out though. As far as driving characteristics, a bit more truck-like. The E is a slight bit taller and floats at bit more, but it tracks arrow straight.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm more than happy with my General Grabber AT2s after two winters they are ready for more. The Grabbers have handled everything like a champ, black ice, 18+ inches of snow, torrential rain and slush, mud and sand. The best part is they cost about fifty bucks less than BFG AT KOs, last a lot longer and perform better. Not to mention BFG's complete lack of quality control or customer service when three of four tires de-laminate with 30,000 miles left on the useless warranty, I'm still bitter.
The Grabbers are a little noisy but not annoyingly loud. The mpg will drop a few too but it's worth it IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts