Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past couple of years or so it seems it's been very hard to get things to work out when it comes to our camping trips. :-(

I was thinking about what to do about that and spent some time reflecting back on some of the past trips.
One that kept coming to mind was the Knotts Island / Ferry Ride trip we did back in '07.

What do you guys think? Time to try and fill that dang boat with a bunch of E's? We almost did before...

A boat load of E's (almost)
Land vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Transport Motor vehicle

Baxter says he's ready
Mammal Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

What do you guys think? Maybe Mid-October or so?
We've got folks in the Va. Beach area that can run point on this, I really need a good trip, don't you?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Benny, I like this thread! Sorry, I can not join in for the fun but it's great to see you active again. I hope you will get enough people to pull it off.

Thanks for posting a picture of happy Baxter! :)

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jea! It's a ways off till October, maybe you guys can make it down, it should be nice on the beach - not quite crowded, but still not cold. Besides, there should be some excellent company, and the dogs... :)

We'll see how it goes, but like I said before the last time we did this it went very well, one of the best trips ever.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Great idea Benny, I will take point on this. I will get the info up on the ferry and the local campground we stayed at the last time. TBC.

Bob8)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The ball is rolling...

:razz:Do you have spaces available for Oct 15-17, 2010? We are a small club needing approx. 5-10 various spaces for small Teardrop/Pop-up/travel trailer type, plus tent site, some needing water/elec. only. I will have more info in near future, please get back to me, some of us have stayed there before and love the place. Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Ruger,

We have plenty of space available for the weekend of October the fifteenth through the seventeenth. All of our water and electric sites are available and we have some full hook-up sites across the street as well that are available if they are needed. You could also rent out a couple of sites that are known as our family zones that are water and electric sites that are allowed a tent on the site. This will be very convenient for you and your group if your trying to keep every one in the same location and the family zones are also near all the rest of the water and electric sites. If you have any further questions, feel free to call our offices at (757) 426-6241 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. or leave a message with your name and number and we will return the call as soon as possible.

Thank you for considering North Landing Beach as your camping resort.
Have a wonderful day.

·
Registered
510 Posts
this will stay on my radar... cant commit that far out, but it'll be on my calendar once its all 100% firm.

All i need at my campsite is a firepit and a place to park my e.

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't fret the bad reviews, this is the same place we stayed back in '07 isn't it? :?

At any rate, vacation days are submitted and approved. So if someone knows a better campground by all means hop in with recommendations, but I think we traveled this road before. Didn't someone drive down and physically evaluate the campgrounds last time? I guess I can go back and read the thread and see, but I think that's what went down.

The old thread from the '07 trip in the Mid-Atlantic forum is here. Picture thread is here.

Anyway, someone make the call and let's get this trip publicized, we got a big ole boat to fill.... :razz:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Last time there was not any problems with rif raf but then again we might have been the rif raf :roll:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Last time there was not any problems with rif raf but then again we might have been the rif raf :roll:
Well said Mel, it is what you make of it, we had a great time, playing the games, staying up late talking, making new friends, eating great, etc.

No matter where you go, and I have been to a lot of places, you are going to get complainers who either paid too much or weren't having the fun we had. It only takes a few bad comments to spoil others fun, but not the Eples!

Come have a great time, guaranteed by YOU!

Bob

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'll talk to Elaine about putting this one on the calender...

As far as campgrounds go...I have to agree with Spotman...it's what you make of it, and the company you have...
We've camped in some pretty crappy places, with just the family, and hated it - too much noise, ppl too close etc etc, but never seem to have that issue when it's Eppl camping...it's all in the perspective...lol

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fire Elf and I are a go!....It will even be possible for me to drive the E and let Denny drive the truck with the camper down :) so we won't be "out of the loop" so to speak.

We're Psyched!

I hope we get as many of us together as possible! Would love to see everyone again! Miss you guys & girls!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Burn-out approaching! Break needed! We're in for this one!

May have a popup to play with, too. did that sound a little strange?? :?

1 - 20 of 353 Posts