Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We leave in the morning for our 1st ever family camping Thanksgiving.

I've never camped with any of my family before, and some have actually never camped, so this will be one to remember;-)

I'll keep you posted!

Oh and Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!:chef:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
80 Posts
Enjoy!!! We just got back last night from Death Valley National Park, I told my wife that we should camp next year in Death Valley and have Thanks Giving there. Let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope everyone is pleasantly surprised how great it is!
Yeah that would have been nice but....no..........

Most of the trip was spent figuring out who blame on the fiasco, fingers were actually pointed at me!:x I was soon absolved after a couple of family members qouted me as saying "I'm" going camping.

Eventually blame was placed on my dad, since he chose the campground, and we found out later, friends of his run it and he thinks camping is pulling the up RV, going into the bar, drinking and watching bull semen auctions on the widescreen:twisted:

The bad;
*The cabins were the cabins from every redneck horror movie you ever saw.
My niece refused to go into hers.
*The noise from the refrigerated box car holding oysters all night long.
*The scenery--cabins, cranes, truck, gravel pits and people working on their boats.
* BEES! everywhere, we had a bee sting.:-(
*No fire wood, my dad said don't bother, he's bring all the wood.--back to what my dad thinks camping is and he brought 5 pieces for the BBQ pit.
*The ER visit, I guess it wouldn't be complete without that!?

The good;
*The little beach was nice
*the FOOD! OMG! We had 2 fried turkeys, BBQ pork loin, 2 kinds of BBQ sausage and BBQ ribs! and PIES! I'm sure there was other stuff, but I didn't really pay attention:oops:

Well I had a good time, it was good seeing everyone and especially letting all the dogs socialize. Tank was good except for my nieces black lab puppy he kept trying to eat, I think it was the only male dog (other than my dads rat terrier that they've already met before) and Tank was trying to establish dominance over the whole herd!:?

General consensus was it would never happen again;-)

Now for pics!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Redneck Campground

1 & 2 Scary cabins
3 pool!:grin: and the bar is in the background
4 gravel pile, the kids named cat litter mountain because of the abundance of stray cats in the area:twisted:
5 we had to gather driftwood for a fire, since my dad doesn't know what camp fire wood is.
6 uh yeah

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Misc pics8)

1. Tank tired of letting everyone know who was boss.
2. Abigail got tired of watching her reflection in the E:grin:
3. Cool pic of clouds that looked like waves.
4. Mr. Jojo's fishing chair!
5. The lil kiddos playing with Mr. Jojo
6. Becca and her pup

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. Allie-G kept biting through her leash, she chewed through 2 leashes and and her retractable! We would watch her and she's slowly slip it in her mouth and 2 quick slices and she was free!

2. Maggie gets ready to go home

3. Tank & Allie-G say goodbye to Maggie:-(

4. Our set-up'

5. Mr. Jojo fishes

6. Mr. Jojo trying to pretend he understands what my brother is saying to him;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The DOGS! We had 8!

!. Tank & Alli-Gator
2. Rex (7 month old Lab) & Luna (3 month old Boxer)
3. Maggie - German Shepard
4. Sparky--Rat Terrier
5. Whitey---?
6. Honey--what happens when you cross a poodle and a dachshund.
Nice pics ! Looks like the TD was the centerpiece.

"Sparky" looks a little too happy . . . maybe that pic should be over in Club XXX :060:

·
Registered
872 Posts
so so sorry ,hope it wasent as bad as it looked & sounded. but I think I remember hearing you say I'm going camping also:-D. ow well you wont need to worry about next time !!!:-( I try to stay with the state& national park systems when we go any where.havent had a badd one yet!!! well the grandaddy longleggs in newport news VA were herendus,looked like a movie set,them little buggers were every where x10, kinda funny I grew up there but dont remember any of them there,one probaly bit me on the brain (hard target to find) & blocked it out. I hope you have a better time next time !!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I hope overall things went well! If nothing else, it looks like a good time for the pups!!! :roll:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
... watching bull semen auctions on the widescreen:twisted:

General consensus was it would never happen again;-)
:razz:

Well, next year you can look forward to Thanksgiving camping by yourself!

There's always a silver lining.

Such as, the recounting of this trip will get funnier and funnier in the years to come.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jojo,
I could stop myself from laughing out loud at the photo of the pool. Thanks for sharing your fun (and it really did look fun sharing uncomfortable experiences witrh family) - unless you have to really be there.

I traveled 1525 miles to CT and back to spend Thanksgiving with family. Love that Element. She goes and goes and goes.

·
Registered
836 Posts
really wish i could have made it to see this! man did i miss out, but my brother was going to go insane on me if i stopped anywhere but home. He got really bored and stir crazy at my parents house.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts