Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Element EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
1st and foremost. THANK YOU! This site has helped me immeasurably over the years. Now to my problem:
2008 E EX. 100,010 MILES.
Fans only come on with 'physical encouragement'. If I tap drivers side it comes on. Then if I tug a little on wire by the fan assembly (and hold it) passenger comes on strong. I've checked all fuses and relays. Isn't it off of both fans to go out, with separate power sources? Ive seen article after article of problems close to mine, but not exactly. I'm not a mech but I dabble and I know my limits. Money is tight so I'm checking with you fine, helpful folk before I replace anything/everything. Thank you in advance.

Ps- I start the car with AC on full when I try above mentioned.....and I live in Florida.....and it's excruciatingly warm out.😂

·
Registered
MM 2005 EX, AT southwest WI
574 Posts
Not really uncommon. Usually one goes out and is ignored til the other does... You only have 100k miles but 12 yrs of (probably) intense AC use. The tap-and-go definitely needs to be replaced and if the wire-tug is right at the motor body the other one too. At any rate doing both isn't much worse than one other than the expense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts