1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black box was totaled on Memorial Day. :-(
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg

Amazing how that would cause $12k in damage!

Thank GOD for airbags and seat belts. Got hit by a speeding, uninsured motorist in Winthrop, WA at the beging of a road trip with my cousin.

We all walked away, thank you Honda!

My insurance company, State Farm was great, we settled for almost $17k for my 2007 with 74,000 miles, more than kbb or nada estimates.

So, I decided on getting a Honda Pilot, I wanted something a little larger.
I do miss the Element, but the Pilot is very plush and I love all the options! I was able to purchase a 2013 EX-L for about the cost of a year old one with a few thousand miles.
1052851_805434575920_1539400103_o.jpg

Here are some pictures of the inside of the deployed airbags, very interesting if you never have seen it before.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

I'll be posting items/accessories for sale tomorrow.

btw: Here's the link for my element being auctioned off on Wednesday the 3rd. perfect front end with good motor. 2007 Honda Element Insurance Auction

·
Registered
680 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident..have fun in your new Pilot..that thing is big..remember to get all the accessories out. You'll probably make someone on here really happy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, but so glad you are OK. The engineering guys do a great job at occupant protection these days with crash beams in the doors, airbag placement, seat belts, and tons more stuff we don't even see.
But with all those safety systems in place, the cost to replace them is expensive. Every airbag deployed and all seat belts that were in use will have to be replaced for this car to be 'fixed' properly. Not to mention the body work involved. A hit that hard probably crumpled the floor area where the rear suspension mounts. That area is now structurally compromised.
BTW, it is a shame that they (cars) have to be made to protect us from the idiots. Enjoy the new ride!! :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ellen....

we will definately miss you here.....It was terriffic metting you at teh Toy Run last year......keep in touch via Facebook!!!

-Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts