Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the last few weeks, i've gotten to explore a bit in my element. only had it for a few months. bought it used. 2005 AWD version.

it does surprisingly well off road. i've taken it through some burly terrain so far, and it hasn't wimped out on me yet. definately could use about 50 more bhp though. haha!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to get some mud on that thing! :D
oh, it's definately had mud on it. :D

speaking of which...i'm going to get some new tires for it..something a little meatier but will not require suspension/ride height adjustments... i see in your avatar, you got some burly tires... what have you got, and did you need to modify it?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
unfortunetely, our friend Rev has an Xterra. He just likes to hang out with us here on the EOC a lot.

Check the tires/wheels section to see what sizes people are going with.

Great pics!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
unfortunetely, our friend Rev has an Xterra. He just likes to hang out with us here on the EOC a lot.

Check the tires/wheels section to see what sizes people are going with.

Great pics!!!
Guilty as charged.

I was going to buy an E, chose the X instead, but still hang out in the camping section because of the great folks here.

But I will suggest the BFG AT TA KO tires. There are a few running them here who love them. Great manners for an AT tire. Great reviews, and extremely capable. I'm running Firestone Destination Mud terrains, but that is a bit overkill for you. You won't be taking the E in any of the places I use them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL I said the E, not the bike.
hehe. i've already had the E up on rocks like in your pic.

i grew up half of my life in the boonies (upper mohave desert, only a few miles sound of sequoia national forest) and learned how to drive on dirt roads by the time i was 8. i've been 4x4in, muddin, slidin, driftin, jumpin, and crashin things since i was little. i'm pretty good about not getting stuck anymore. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry man but that is not physically possible. An E wouldn’t get 100 feet down the trail pictured there. You cannot tell from the picture but you just wouldn’t have the ground clearance. Our lifted trucks on 33’s had a lot of trouble in spots. An E just wouldn’t make it. And that is fine. There is nothing wrong with that. The E is a fun vehicle.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry man but that is not physically possible.
*shrug* believe whatcha wanna believe, it's all good...as long as you're havin fun. :)

btw, my aunt lives in toronto... she used to write for the tribune or whatever your guys' main paper is up there. i haven't been to TOR in a while. nice city.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There are a lot of local papers known as the Tribune. My hometown just north of TO had a tribune. In Toronto the Star, Globe, and Sun are the main ones, if that rings a bell.

·
Registered
149 Posts
*shrug* believe whatcha wanna believe, it's all good...as long as you're havin fun. :)
Ppl like you makes me go :roll:

You can't compensate for ground clearance.

The "dirty road" pics you posted, I can drive that with my wife's Sonata.. or even a Segway.. LOL

Plz give respect where it's due. An E is not an X.. not even close in the off-road department.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
P.J. O'Rourke observed that the ultimate off-road vehicle is a rental car.

Any rental car.
Ah yes. Years ago I was driving my Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser out of Echo Park in Dinosaur National Monument and much to my amazement an Oldsmobile Cutlass was coming the other way going BANG, CLANG, BANG down the rocky, one lane "4WD Only" road. I pulled off as well as I could and the driver stopped just long enough to roll down his window and ask: "Ist dis da vay to Echo Pack?" I just nodded and off he went. The car had an Enterprise Rental Car sticker on the back bumper.

I wouldn't take my Element down that road.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts