Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Fifth Element Camping's stuff but I've got to be honest -- can't afford it. I'm in the process of doing my own cabinet inspired by FEC's. Using photos and known dimensions (36" width), I was able to "reverse engineer" the face of the cabinet but not the sides.

Would anyone out there who has a FEC cabinet be kind enough to measure the height on both sides and the depth of each side? I estimated a 12" depth with 34" height for the side that faces the front of the vehicle (right) and 30.5" for the side that faces the rear (left).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess the only way to get this site back to life is to start using it. I wanted Fifth Element cabinets too, but way out of my price range. On youtube there is one video in particular by AmyMakesStuff (I think) she includes CAD drawings of a cabinet/table she made for her E. I have downloaded the drawings and am in the process of modifying them to my liking. Many cabinet makers use CAD/CAM to build their cabinets. I might give that a try.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey tjjoiner- have you had any luck or continued your project with a DIY cabinet? I would like to do the same.

Thanks!
Sorry, I'm just now seeing your reply. Check the link in my signature. Built the cabinet last year and use it to hold my cooking stuff, clothes, food... Stealth camped full time for 2 months after it was built. It's not on par with Fifth Element Camping since I don't have a CNC table but I will say that it functions just the same. I think it only cost me about $125 for the plywood, hinges, latches, polyurethane, screws, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts