Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 Element EX 4WD AT Galapagos Green
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in November I won a bid on a 03 Element AT 4WD for a whopping $3100 (before the $600 in fees and taxes). 202K on the clock and mostly clean looking. Previous owner(s) had pets, kids, and smoked, the signs a evident as I have been fixing things and finding new surprises under coverings.

It's so nice to finally own my dream car, the original toaster. I'm simple, I know. The forums have been a fantastic resource since I picked up the car, taking care of a check engine light for the VTec part and more. Since the purchase I've put new shocks and struts under it, sway bar brushing and links on the rear, fresh oil and filter, LED light strip in the trunk, new longer gas struts for the rear door and that's probably half my list of what I want to do before taking it on adventures in the PNW this year.

Because sadly a week after winning the auction I got a call from my spouse on the east coast that his next station for the Navy is Japan. Our move date is still undetermined, but sounds like fall of this year I'm going to have to leave my newly acquired E behind or sell it. I have hopes to store it and have my immediate family take it out for a drive from time to time or go camping with it, but 5 years is going to be a long time (and maybe by then Honda will have refreshed the Element and have new ones available by the time we return). So I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it while I can and maybe even go a little over the top and get a poptop for it before I go.

P1010545.JPG

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,610 Posts
Welcome to the EOC IreneBurd! :)

Nice find! Looks great in the photo. I really like Galapagos Green! :)

Hopefully you can work out a plan to store it while you are gone. I wouldn't want to give that one up either.

As for a new Element from Honda, well, don't hold your breath! : - (

We keep getting these fantasy "click bait" articles on this site. But even if Honda does eventually bring back something that they call an Element, it will be dramatically different from the ones we know and love.

I wish you well! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, welcome, love the color! Japan is home of the Honda, lots of E drivers there -- who knows what friends and cars you'll find over there! Road tripping and camping in Japan is such a dream!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts