Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element SC A/T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I originally had a 2003 Element EX AWD Manual that we purchased new and kept until 2010 when we sold it with 111k miles. If it had been an automatic (my wife doesn’t like driving manual), we would‘ve kept it.

After pining away for Elements for a decade, we decided to start looking for a low mileage used one. Of course, shopping during a pandemic and now during a chip shortage wasn’t great timing. Over the course of a year of off and on shopping, we ran across multiple low miles examples that usually were extremely overpriced (some almost $30k). If they were reasonably priced, they sold before we could get to see them.

Finally, last Friday morning CarGurus emailed me that a new listing came up on my saved search. I immediately contacted the dealer and found it was still available. We made the time to see it, drove two hours to the dealership and it was ours by the evening.

We ended up getting a 2008 Element SC A/T with 77k miles in Galaxy Gray Metallic. It’s not exactly what we were looking for (we wanted an 09-11 EX AWD A/T with low miles) but the SC was really well cared for, spent it’s rust free life in the SF Bay Area, and had a TON of maintenance records on the clean CarFax. It was a one owner car that was purchased, maintained, and traded back to the same Honda dealership. The original owner had traded it in the night before we bought it and coincidentally returned to the dealership while we were buying it. It was a great bonus to meet him and we feel reassured he took great care of it.

We look forward to many trips (and Costco runs) with our new/old Element. For those who are out there shopping, I hope you find what you’re looking for like we did!

TLDR: We missed having an Element in our lives, we shopped, we compromised, we purchased a 2008 Element SC A/T with 77k miles in great shape.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Great find, I love the look of the SC model and altough not AWD like you wanted, I have read here that FWD can be easily converted to AWD or if you leave it FWD you will get better gas mileage than your last AWD one

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

I had the Casey Horner cat shield installed today. While it was up on the lift, I was happy to confirm the underside has NO rust!

Next step is to remove the roof rack, window visors, and hood deflector. I really like the original clean lines of the car. In fact, if I thought it wouldn’t show paint fading, I’d remove the side molding on the doors too.

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
297 Posts
Congratulations.
Looks very cool with all the accessories.

Reactions: Todd111

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks very cool with all the accessories.
Definitely no offense meant for anyone who likes all of the exterior accessories. I just won’t use the roof rack and as a tall person, I get annoyed having part of my vision interrupted by the window visors.

I probably have more limiting ideas of what it should look like because it’s an SC. If it were an EX AWD, I’d probably have it loaded with accessories including a lift and maybe even an e-Camper pop top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts