Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to go grab breakfast and new as soon as I turned it over they got me. Ive had Casey Horners cat guard on it for a few years now. Im sure it discouraged some over the last couple of years but not these guys. They made the scrapping laws more strict here in Texas but that not stopping these jerks either. Original owner bought the E new in 09 with 47 miles on it. Traveled all around the U.S. over 248000 miles and going strong. Replaced a lot of parts over the years but that was the original cat. to top it off the missed the passenger side pinch weld bt a few inches and damaged the side panel as well. Completely devastated and violated. No accidents no damage. Thinking about running some self tappers the wrong way through then guard when I get it back from the exhaust shop so it at least hurts if they try it again. Not counting on the crack heads to know the aftermarket cat has little value. Very brazen thieves also a sheriff lives in the unit next to me and his police vehicle was there all night. Keep an eye on your Es guys.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wood Gas Bumper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just nicked the guard while cutting the cat. looks like they tried to get it of but it is a well thought out design and secured to the frame. they just managed to get it out.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
This sucks, sorry this happened to you. I'm really surprised they circumvented the guard. Anyone know if this cat guard design has changed? You would think this cannot be an isolated case (as far as beating cat guard).

·
Registered
MM 2005 EX, AT southwest WI
623 Posts
Makes me want to buy and install the middle plate now available for the Aerogenics shield -but it's sooo cold on my gravel driveway right now-

Well, I did it. Checked, the holes in the side plates on mine are predrilled for the middle plate, and ordered it. I'll go down to the farm machine shop and do that and a new negative battery cable while I'm at it. What else is January or February good for? Stitches in the right hand so I can't ski for now...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dude that sucks man sorry about ur E I can’t stand thieves just the other day at 2am I had 5 people checking out my E in my driveway and the neighbors cars got hit but not mines 3 of them were caught the other 2 got away but my E is safe pretty sure they won’t be coming around for a while since 3 got busted

·
Registered
2008 LX FWD AT
2,486 Posts
I put a shield on, but I'm thinking of mounting hinged plates to the running board mounting holes and have them swing down when parked to block access to the underside from the sides.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been thinking of something like that myself. My car is still at the shop with State Farm insurance dragging their feet on the issue. Wishing now I had just handled it myself. If the wouldn't have cut off the manifold side flange I would have just thrown the 157 dollar maxpeeding rod cat. Been checking out air ride suspension too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Woke up this morning to go grab breakfast and new as soon as I turned it over they got me. Ive had Casey Horners cat guard on it for a few years now. Im sure it discouraged some over the last couple of years but not these guys. They made the scrapping laws more strict here in Texas but that not stopping these jerks either. Original owner bought the E new in 09 with 47 miles on it. Traveled all around the U.S. over 248000 miles and going strong. Replaced a lot of parts over the years but that was the original cat. to top it off the missed the passenger side pinch weld bt a few inches and damaged the side panel as well. Completely devastated and violated. No accidents no damage. Thinking about running some self tappers the wrong way through then guard when I get it back from the exhaust shop so it at least hurts if they try it again. Not counting on the crack heads to know the aftermarket cat has little value. Very brazen thieves also a sheriff lives in the unit next to me and his police vehicle was there all night. Keep an eye on your Es guys. View attachment 213420 View attachment 213421 View attachment 213422
Just had mine stolen in front of movie theatre in broad daylight. Installing something called Cat Strap.. Have you had any experience or heard of this? Also, putting running boards with glass or barbed wire and notices on windows of camera, security camera on window of house, painting cat with bright orange high temp and etching with vin. Any more ideas? This is sickening

1 - 13 of 13 Posts