Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the 4 quartz in this weekend running 2 dual subs to a 460 watt amp and then the stock amp goes for the front two speakers and the back two are supplyed by the mb quart 4 channel amp. Lights up to cant wait to roll down market street and rattle some ears. Its loud to but does anyone know were to get decks (i like alpines) that have more than just 4 rca jacks in the back becuase the front two speakers are being runned off the stock amp becuase i dont have enough rca ports to run 6 rca cables 2 for the quartz amp and 1 set for the subs????

·
Registered
83 Posts
wow, you need more than four RCA outs from a deck? Isn't Front, Rear and sub enough? (when I think 1 RCA out I mean a Left and Right for each, you might be thinking singular jacks which isn't really how anybody thinks of RCAs)

It sounds like you've got a little too much going on for the stock headunit. How many amps do you have? It sounds like you have two from your post (which was pretty unclear) and that your running the subs off a single amp and your rear channel off a 4 channel amp.

Get a new headunit w/ front, rear and sub out. Just about all mid-level headunits have three pre-outs.

·
Registered
751 Posts
FMF, since you seem to have understood that post, could you tell the less audio-savvy among us the meaning of "quarts/quartz"? Neither 25% of a gallon nor the crystalline mineral makes sense to me. And "mb"?
MB Quart makes speakers, amps and crossovers. I had a nice pair of their speakers in my previous car. When I bought them, they were mainly a German company. Apparently, now they have a US distributor.

Even with that knowledge, the OP is really unclear.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Oh the humanity! Dude, I think you need to tell us what you are using for a head unit right now. A better choice would be to run your FRONT speakers with the amp and the REAR off the deck.

I have MB Quart in my E now. The 6" do not fit the stock locations so I mounted them on top of the grills. They still do not fit. The back cups inside the door need to be cut. Then I would like to have the time to fiberglass the door panels to add some rigidity. I have the Discs series coaxial speakers. They sound great off the Clarion FB275BT. The next step is to add an amp and a sub.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Don't forget to fill your trunk with empty aluminum cans to get that ghetto rattle effect!
Does anyone that fills their car with amps and speakers actually listen to MUSIC?
Sorry, had to vent a bit. Spent the summer being awoken by cars driving by with cRap music on.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
No one would ever object to folks who just go to the target range, but one mass killer spoils the fun for everybody.
I might have to use that in my sig line :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I might have to use that in my sig line :lol::lol::lol:

Wow Al !!

From the looks of your avatar, You have been on a Diet, and some serious steroids !! :grin:

Dom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts