Honda Element Owners Club banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts
I hope that i can explain it.
You can change the Switch without any customization at the original Doorplace.
The "Mirror"-Button works without any customization. Lights with the Headlights (Not mine, ill have to check the Bulb)

To use the Heating-Button do you need the two Cables more at the Mirrorswitchplug (Orange and black/yellow/silver in the Picture).
The Heating-Button is just lightning in use (Button pressed down). It´s a LED-Light.

I hope that i can explain it.
You can change the Switch without any customization at the original Doorplace.
The "Mirror"-Button works without any customization. Lights with the Headlights (Not mine, ill have to check the Bulb)

To use the Heating-Button do you need the two Cables more at the Mirrorplug (Orange and black/yellow/silver in the Picture).
The Heating-Button is just lightning in use (Button pressed down). It´s a LED-Light.
Understood. Do we know with this mirror mod if the heating button is just closing a circuit (on, to heat mirrors), or controlling a relay elsewhere that closes the circuit?

I have connected a Relay. These Switches are not build for direct switching. The Mirrorfoil has ca. 30Watts per Side.
You can see my used Parts at Page 7.

I have connected a Relay. These Switches are not build for direct switching. The Mirrorfoil has ca. 30Watts per Side.
You can see my used Parts at Page 7.
Interesting. I haven't had time to play with my switch, so I'm not fully up to date. FYI, everybody has different page count settings, so you should refer by post #. Thanks for all the hard work and updates while I have been too busy.

OT: LED rings? Do tell.

You guys are confusing me. We are talking about the ADDITIONAL backlight for the added button that controls the heating, right?

Do we even know if this is a Backlight (on with headlights), or a Status light (on with heat), or worse (harder to figure out) BOTH?
sorry MDF rings for the speakers

The Polyway-Mirrors are shaking at over 80mph, so I modded the genuine Mirrors. Works peferkt and looks genuine.

Attachments

The Rivolta MTX 60 forte dissolves the black sticky stuff from behind the mirror well. But it takes a few hours. It´s an Industrial cleaner against Grease. Use Gloves, please.

PizzaChef and others. This is a terrific thread. Wanted you to know it is still spreading the word to another E owner as 2017 is about to end. Hope your heaters are still doing the job. Thanks again.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.