Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome!

this is on my radar for my 2010.

I’m worried about theft.
Any specs on the screen and installation photos?
Also is the screen removable for storage in the glovebox when you park it?
thank you. It has 2buttons behind the screen to detach it.
I didn’t take any pictures of the install, but it’s really simple. I got the metra harness with the sub kit for like $13 in Amazon and it’s just matching the colors together.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
1 Posts
I put the next model up (Boss BE10ACP) in both my wife's and my elements (2003 EX, 2007 LX) about 6 months ago. For the price paid, I've been very happy with them. I have to slap the side of my wife's screen every now and again to get it to quit putting lines all over the screen but that's been the only real issue. I caught a sale at Auto Zone that also came with a 1 year no questions asked return/exchange or I'd have probably gone with the 9" as well. I guess I need to exchange hers but I only think about it when I'm in her Element. The 10" covers a little more of the AC vents but not enough to really bother me even in SE Texas. The price for performance ratio is outstanding.

· Registered
11 Posts
I put the next model up (Boss BE10ACP) in both my wife's and my elements (2003 EX, 2007 LX) about 6 months ago. For the price paid, I've been very happy with them. I have to slap the side of my wife's screen every now and again to get it to quit putting lines all over the screen but that's been the only real issue. I caught a sale at Auto Zone that also came with a 1 year no questions asked return/exchange or I'd have probably gone with the 9" as well. I guess I need to exchange hers but I only think about it when I'm in her Element. The 10" covers a little more of the AC vents but not enough to really bother me even in SE Texas. The price for performance ratio is outstanding.
Can I see a picture of the 10?

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You want to go through the hassle of broken glass and filing claims? They may rip off your cat converter while they're there too. You're asking for trouble.
I’m not going to stop from getting what I want because someone might steal it, because in that case I would never get anything nice. Now do I have to be more cautious of course I do.

· Registered
3 Posts
Of course not, but don't say why this happened if something does happen. You're only to blame. Always avoid unnecessary attraction.
The average car this day has an enormous screen in it from factory, I don't live on the best side of town but I can say that they don't go after car radios. Its more so whats left and visible inside the car, my Kiwi had a huge screen in it and was fine.

· Registered
39 Posts
I was considering a 9" screen because the 10.1 extends over the HVAC controls and the vent. It looks like the 9 does the same thing though. I'll have to go with the 7" I guess. I'm looking for a pure android unit though so I can change the UI.

· Registered
4 Posts
The average car this day has an enormous screen in it from factory, I don't live on the best side of town but I can say that they don't go after car radios. Its more so whats left and visible inside the car, my Kiwi had a huge screen in it and was fine.
Yo Doc, leave the guy alone he removes it by pushing the two release buttons as he stated. It seems to me that you like trying to make anyone feel bad about about trying to make themselves happy with the mods they’ve done with their cars. Just because you live in fear doesn’t mean everyone else does!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts