Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEW! HELLO Everyone I am so excited to share with everyone my new DIY... But first THANK YOU TO Dom.five, and Frozen E for thier support.

Since April I first posted this, I was really into this especially when I had my 12 hour trip to Vancouver I kept on putting my cigarette charger for the GPS. So I took the chance and Dom.five was right, midifications have to be done. I didnt go too much, a friend of mine somehow modified the dock and i just drilled a hole at the dashboard for my wires to go through attached to the radio 12Vwires. and WalaH! I like the LOOKS.
And also have a picture of my IPOD holder with the wires passing thru the air vent and pass thru the glove compartment for a CLEAN NO WIRES LOOK and this I THANK ABULEVAN.
Lastly my under dash blue lights with blue switch by the gear panel.

ANY COMMENTS.....HOPE you love it COZ I DOOOOOO LOVE IT.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I love that GPS mount. Looks clean. What are all these parts? Fill the EOC world in with this info! And, you're very welcome. Anytime, friend.:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice clean look - great work

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like you just yanked the housing from a Nissan and put it on the dash, right? How did you mount the housing to the dash... bolted? Or is that some sort of non-slip bottom you have around its edges?

More details. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice mount. That gives me a few ideas. It looks like a trip by a Nissan dealer to check this thing out is in order. I want to mount my cheaper Nuvi to it and would need to mod the mount like you have done.

·
Registered
161 Posts
looks sicks i wonder if u could cut the outline of the gps housing into the dash to lower the housing coouple inches so it wont stick out that much...

ive been wanting one for my e since i saw it on the nissan... please do tell where and how.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That install came out real well! :)

How did you mount it on the dash?

And how is the reach from where you are?

When I had mine on top of the dash, I was having to reach out to it. But I'm short. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Revised for Easy Reach

Thanks all for looking!

As Snuff was saying I am only 5'8" and it was indeed hard to reach. So I moved it closer.
The guy I bought it from no longer have stocks availble and I searched Ebay again and there is this guy who has 3 availble. I have to mod it a bit to make it look good as this is for nissan xterra. it has 4 clips which you just clip on if u have the xterra. Search "Garmin GPS Docking Station Xterra Frontier Pathfinder"
If you are interested search the Western Canada Section. there you would see guys helping me out.
Just drilled a hole underneath the dock for th wires to go through and attached it to at the radio 12V. I do not want to make it permanent yet so i just used a double sided tape.
here are the new pitures..
Enjoy all and Thanks to all for the inspiration.....

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts