Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Injen CAI w/ Hydroshield and Injen SES exhaust! Can't wait to get them and start the install... Been thinking about it for a year now and finally just did it:)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I'm sure I will see a major mpg decrease for a while anyway:)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the intake installed today. I have to wait until next week for the delivery of the exhaust. Easy install and I love the new sound when you get on it:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I need to clean the engine compartment! Figured I would say it before you did...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Now would be a perfect time to fix that wimpy horn while you've got the nose off.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks good!!!!! Can't wait to hear it in person with the exhaust!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the exhaust installed today. It's a little louder now:grin: I actually took it to a shop that I have been to and trust. The tech said he had never seen a more professional kit. Easy fit and easy install. I would had done it myself but didn't have a lift and I was impatient and wanted it done NOW! Install took less than 30 min.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Got the exhaust installed today. It's a little louder now:grin: I actually took it to a shop that I have been to and trust. The tech said he had never seen a more professional kit. Easy fit and easy install. I would had done it myself but didn't have a lift and I was impatient and wanted it done NOW! Install took less than 30 min.
You don't need a lift... I did in my garage with a jack and jack stand. But I agree I couldn't wait either! Congrats!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks good, but I don't see where they have it for my 09 E. :-(

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take some pics when you get a chance.
Thanks. I will take some pics. I plan on washing and waxing Hank (my E) tomorrow morning so hopefully I will get some good updated pics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What performance increases have you seen since the install? MPG, etc....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't dyno it so I just have seat of the pant to go on but when Truckin Mag did this I think it was somewhere in the 10hp/15ft of torque range.

Then throttle response is better. It feels like it has more power and uses less effort than before. I really like the extra pep and new sound. As far as mpg's go I am trying to not step on the gas as hard for this tank and get a good reading. I will be getting gas tomorrow so I will report back what it is for this tank. I know I am getting better mileage than before since I usally have to fill up after 4 days of my commute and I will be able to go the 5th tomorrow. I drive 60+ miles a day round trip.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got 24.4 mpg last tank. That is 2mpg better than I have been getting over the last 10+ tanks. However the weather has been warmer this week as well. My commute is pretty predictable so the conditions other than temp are usually very similar. I'm happy with that. I am usually not too worried about mileage and figure I get what I get as long as it is reasonable.

With the Injen setup it is hard to keep my foot off the accel though:grin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts