Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2004 Element Ex but as soon as I drove it on snow I noticed the 4wd wasn't working. Thanks to this forum, my mechanic and I were able to diagnose the problem as a faulty rear differential. He recommended that we look for a used differential somewhere and my questions are:

Can any year of Element be used in my '04?

My Element is is an automatic, does that mean that the rear differential has to come from another vehicle that was an automatic too?

Are any years of the CRV compatible with my Element?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hondapartsnow.com or most other Honda parts websites will tell you what year and model vehicles match all the various parts in the car. Go do some digging and you’ll find out what fits, then go searching in a junkyard or a National used parts database.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Since that's a part that doesn't seems to fail often, you should be able to find that in a u-pull it yard. I would also just look for the same year and trans, all it takes is one thing to complicate things.

·
Registered
2008 LX FWD AT
2,481 Posts
The dual pump clutch kit and differential are common to all 2003-2011 Elements. Dual pump clutch kit is also common to 2007-2014 CR-V. Differential is also common to 1997-2000 CR-V. The problem is more likely the dual clutch arrangement worn out than the differential itself, but it is probably easier to change the whole assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts