Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, drove with my wife, child, and dog from Wash D.C. to Mayport Florida and back last week. I and my family found the car very comfortable with one exception. One road was concrete slabs and the car bucked enough to make us all laugh. We are all used to off road 4x4s so it didn't bother us but I can see where it would put some off. Other then that the ride was great. We averaged 23+ mpg on cruise at 75mph. Got many comments of "what is it" and "thats a cool car". I also got two shouted comments that the car was ugly. The first one caught me off guard so I didn't have a snappy comeback but the second one got my response of "How about that, you and the car have something in common".

I looked over the car closely (its an EX AWD) after the trip and no scratches on the outside of the car that I could find. I did however have a decent scratch on the inside of the car where a metal part on my wife's shoe hit the glove compartment. Not sure how I will handle that, if at all.

All in all we all really enjoyed the trip. Opening the two back windows and the roof window let air move throughout the car while parked with the dog in it but it was still relatively secure. The dog got sick once which was a paper towel/handywipe, 3 second clean up (great!!). Great trip and no complaints. Just thought I would post. Jake

·
Registered
338 Posts
So you were happy with the overall comfort of the vehicle on a trip?

Watch leaving a dog in a parked car, temperatures can rise quicker than you would believe.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My husband and I just got back from our first road trip in the E as well. We drove from St. Louis to Chicago and back for Easter weekend.

What a great trip....so easy and comfortable. We have made this trip more times than I can count in my husband's 1990 Honda Civic.

I had to set the cruise control (something I never do) because unless I did I found myself going anywhere from 85 to 95 and not noticing.

My only complaint was that with the flat open highway from St. Louis to Chicago there was a great deal of wind "turbulance" something I wasn't used to because we have never owned a SUV....it took some getting used to, but it is a small price to pay for having such a wonderful car!

Diane :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts