Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can listen to the engine and exhaust here:

Exhaust is spitting a bit too, catalytic converter is getting hot.
Our first start was with the exhaust disconnected from the manifold, so the problem is in the engine not the exhaust. No exhaust leak that I can find when it's hooked up.

I swapped the MAP sensor as an easy first thing to check. There is a huge list of what could be causing this, where do I begin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just bought a new obd reader (fucking Bluetooth ones I will stay away from now on) Getting these codes

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just bought a new obd reader (fucking Bluetooth ones I will stay away from now on) Getting these codes

Ask yourself what these codes have in common. The sensors to which they refer share a 5 volt reference and a sensor ground. Check that they are present at the sensor connectors. You could have a 5 volt wire shorted to ground or a bad sensor that has failed internally and brought down the 5 volt reference voltage. In the latter case you can just disconnect the sensors one at a time to see if the 5 volts reference comes back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well really dumb thing, the plugs powering these senors were swapped, the cables were close enough and the plugs were identical and put on the wrong sensors :X

Now the engine is running mostly much smoother, but still not quite right. I have a p0507 and a surging idle 1-2k. I tried swaping out the IAVC but it's still happening. According to a mechanic it's a 95% chance to be the IAVC still, but there is a chance of a vacuum leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts