Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the right of the speaker, inside the passenger door of my 2003 Element was a circuit board about 2"x1" with a large yellow capacitor, coiled wire transformer?, and a white resistor. 2 black and 2 grey wires were soldered to one end and 1 black and 1 grey wires were on the other end. This morning, driving along, it caught fire. I'd like to know what that part is called and why it would catch on fire. The window and radio still work -- not sure about the speaker in that door.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
This is a DX? Did you buy it used? Do the wires seem to lead to or from the speaker?

The 2003 DX came with the wiring for radio and speakers, but not the components themselves. I suspect the circuit board was part of a custom audio installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the help. I think it must have been to the subwoofer that got stolen a couple of weeks ago. Now the driver's window fell out into the door! Ugh!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks so much for the help. I think it must have been to the subwoofer that got stolen a couple of weeks ago. Now the driver's window fell out into the door! Ugh!
Definitely NOT a sub x-over. I bet the door speaker and the tweeter in the A-pillar are/were aftermarket. If you tune your radio to the right side (balance) check and see if you're still getting sound out of that side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts