Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, first post. LOTS of great info here, everyone!:eoc: Just a couple "what if" questions for my first X3 ATF r&r. (Already did my rear diff-great sticky!)
1. Will it help drain additional fluid if the back is elevated/front end lower, or it's tipped toward the passenger side (ramps or jack stands)? The sticky says get it level, but tilting would make the drain a lowest point.
2. Would it help to run the engine, in neutral, for JUST a second or two (no longer) to get more fluid out? I DO mean one or two seconds only; don't want to gall anything internal.
3. If #1 or #2 won't fly, will an extended/overnight drain time help? Just trying to get the most bang for my buck, as it were.

Thanks ahead of time. I hope to be making a doggie platform sometime soon; if so, I'll send pictures of my spoiled mutt.:)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think you should just change it the way it says. Don't over think it. I don't know if running it would damage anything but why take the chance with such an expensive part of your E. I first changed mine at 60k and plan on changing it every 20k from now on. If iI knew how easy it was I would have changed it every 20k from the start. It was easier than changing the oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts