Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got some synthetic suede from a local fabric store, and had a can of headliner adhesive spray in the garage so I just went for it...

Driver side was a lot harder because of the shape but came out better then the passenger side in my opinion because I took more time, I will redo the passenger when I have time because I think I can make it look better, but overall I am happy with the results...

if you decide to this:

-take panels off
-take trim pieces off
-sand down panels
-Purchase fabric of your choice and headliner adhesive(from auto zone etc...)
-Go for it!

It is a bit harder then that really, but just take your time, and remember that the curves in the dash panels will alter how you are trying to lay the fabric down, just start with a big size of fabric for each panel. You may have to make a cut the fabric on the drivers side panel near the bottom and overlap the fabric.
Then fold the fabric towards the back, make cuts for all the clips and glue the rest.
After that, cut holes for the air vents and the gauge trim, but leave enough so that the gauge/air vent pieces will pinch the fabric so it stays nice an tight.

Also, you guys think i should do the bottom panels also? Or should they stay gray to match the gray door panel/handles?...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
looks good. hopefully it will stay over time cause that spray headliner stuff isnt the greatest for longevity. weldwood by DAP is the best but it has to be shot from a gun, 3M supper 77 is ok and lasts a little longer then the generic parts store stuff too. either way, it came out good.

·
Registered
557 Posts
looks good. hopefully it will stay over time cause that spray headliner stuff isnt the greatest for longevity. weldwood by DAP is the best but it has to be shot from a gun, 3M supper 77 is ok and lasts a little longer then the generic parts store stuff too. either way, it came out good.
X2, used the weldwood to do my headliner. It sticks real good and shows no sign of ever coming down, but you only get once shot to stretch it out really, or you need a new piece of fabric. I have to do the back part of the headliner again because of that.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
The creativity in this bunch never disappoints

Nice job

·
Registered
122 Posts
well done!:grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts