Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had exceptional wear from the brake pads on my 06 E, which I didn't realize until I had been on this forum and looked around. I said I would post some pictures and the mileage @ which I changed them out.

Yesterday, while on the road, I finally heard the brakes and took it in to have them changed out this AM. I asked to see the pads and took some poor pictures of them...The Element is an amazing vehicle.

What a vehicle...

·
Registered
836 Posts
seems deacon holds the front brakes record and locksmith holds the rears, we've got something to shoot for ladies and gents!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i had all rotors and pads changed at 163 000 km/ 107 600miles, On, Canada.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny stuff on my braking abilities. I have to repack the parachute twice a day. LOL>

@ Mikement...I put 57K on it in '08, 52K on it in '09, and it appears I will put about 42-45K on it this year...I make a living saving lives and stamping out disease for St. Jude Medical as an Clinical Engineer, and have to go to where the disease is...ha.

Commuting on the airlines is not all its cracked up to be...so if the site I need to go to for a case is less than 400 miles from home, it is a drive- surprisingly enough, I almost always get home quicker than flying. Between 400-600 miles(one way) I decide which method of transportation based on the airports....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Brake Pad Life

Just wondering how long EOC'ers are driving on original pads/rotors. I am at 135,000 and 11 years! :)

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,703 Posts
2007 with 70,000 miles. Bought new, not a hard braker.

30,000 Brake pulsation. All pads replaced with OE & rotors refaced with on car lathe.

50,000 brake pulsation again. Reface front rotors with on car lathe. Pads good.

65,000 Front pads worn replaced with OE & rotors replaced with Centric high carbon cryogenic treated rotors. Rear pads/rotors good.

67,000 R/f caliper replaced due to piston binding from internal rust.

Brake fluid flushed 3 or 4 times since new.

R/R rear rotor rusting and rubbing on backing plate and ground down for clearance.

Not a good report from my perspective.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts