Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I've been lurking silently on this forum for a week or two now, reading all I can. I'm 17 so I was looking at the Element for my first car (I know, I'm very lucky that this is even a possibility!).
My parents were big on safety, cargo space, and a car that's higher than a normal sedan. The Element fit their bill completely!

On Saturday I got on auto trader and spotted a CRAZY deal I hadn't seen in my perusal of the site the day earlier. We checked it out and it was perfect! Great price, mileage, and ride!
I'm so thankful and lucky that my first car can be such a nice one, and one I love so much. I plan on taking care of this car like nobody's business!

It's a Silver 2006 4WD EX Automatic (What does AT/MT mean?) with blue plastic panels, I'm not sure what the color is called (hence the lack of profile info!) but oh man do I love it.

It also has a subtle little double pinstripe, and I'm a sucker for the details. Did those come from the factory or did the previous owner put those on? It smells like cigarette smoke at the moment, but that's nothing that can't be fixed!
Here are some pictures for all of you!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Mom did good by you kiddo !!!!!!
Welcome to the Group

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Congrats on the new E!!! I'm glad to see a youth buy an E.
Also, to answer your questions: AT is Automatic Trans and MT is Manual Trans. Looks like Alabaster Silver Mettalic, your best bet is to call a Honda dealer and have them run the VIN.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Transmission

It's a Silver 2006 4WD EX Automatic (What does AT/MT mean?)
AT/MT refers to your transmission. Automatic or Manual.

Congrats on a nice ride!!! Enjoy -- And drive safely!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Congrats on the new E!!! I'm glad to see a youth buy an E.
Also, to answer your questions: AT is Automatic Trans ans MT is Manual Trans. Looks like Alabaster Silver Mettalic, your best bet is to call a Honda dealer and have them run the VIN.

Or use the Vin decoder on this sight!

But for color code, Ramblerdan comes through in spades! It's easy, take a look!

Dom

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That's a nifty site I haven't come upon before...

Congrats on the E! Perfect car for school.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on your FIRST RIDE! It will be very practical for you, and fun too.

Good luck on getting rid of the ciggie smoke smell: along with surface cleaning, you might see about changing the cabin air filter....just a thought...

and you might as well warn your folks sooner vs. later:

IF YOU SEE IT ROCKIN' DON'T COME A-KNOCKIN!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congratulations on a great find, EdenK.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Congratulations on a great find, EdenK.

Be very careful !!

From your mom's last post, she has her Eye on that E of yours!

It would not take much for to repo It !! :D

Dom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha, yeah my Mom's pretty jealous of my E! She's seriously considering getting one in the near future to replace our huge Suburban! And yes, I'm heading off to college next year so that huge storage space in the back will definitely come in handy! I'm also into art (plan on majoring in Graphic Design in college) so It'll fit any big canvases that need moving :)

I've driven it to school for the past 2 days and let me say, I wake up every morning excited to drive it!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
West Coast Congrats...!

Hey there EdenK...! Just wanted to send some "Left Coast" shout-outs to a East Coast owner... May she bring you many years of service and enjoyment...

I agree with Boll-X about the cabin air filters needing changing... That would be the first step and a good interior wipe down with some soapy water and a rag to get rid of the rest... Don't forget your seats and seatbelts too... Also, if it is kind of resistent to cleaning, leaving charcoal in there would help out a lot...

Good luck and study hard so that one day, you can afford an E in every color to match your mood for the day and your outfits too...!!! ROFL!!!

LBD

PS: I know of a VERY successful attorney out here that has SEVEN M-Benz SLK 320s to match her mood and outfits... So being young and starting out, I figure buying Es would be more economical...! LOL!!!

PS#2: To answer the question on the pinstripes... No, they don't come from the factory that way... It might of been done at the dealership or the previous owner had it done... Remember, if you do decide to remove them, the resulting image will be darker than your current paint so think carefully before doing... LBD

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
West Coast Congrats...!

Also, if it is kind of resistent to cleaning, leaving charcoal in there would help out a lot...
just make sure it isnt the kind with the starter fluid already in there. that would end up being worse than the smoke smell. :)

it took lots of leather cleaner and conditioner, then repeat, to get the smell out of the leather pilot steering wheel i put in mine from its previous owner so i can imagine how annoying it must be if the whole truck has that hint of smell to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts