Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know what others have chosen as the first cd to be played in their EX. After listening to Emerson Lake and Palmer this evening in my S-10, I think I want to put it on as the first cd in my "E" when I finally get it. I think it should really show off the bass and the treble.

Iskie

·
Registered
249 Posts
I played a bootleg of "Don't be a Wrankster" by 50 CENT.

For those who don't know what that means, It means don't try to pretend your a bigshot, when you ain't sh_t.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They Might Be Giants, 20 year anthology thingie..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Erasure's latest album called "Other's Peoples Songs..." Not their most amazing album, but some funky remakes of Solsbury Hill and a few others....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I burned a multiple genre disc. A little rock, jazz, techno, and even some classical guitar. Towards the end of the test drive I pulled over (much to the confusion of our salesman) and tried them all. When the salesman asked what I was doing, I told him 'I'm testing one of the more important performance features'. :lol:

Jim R

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ran all over town, hitting every bump I could find, but nothing but great sounds and NO skipping! Love it!! :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
BOOM (Here comes the Boys from the South) by P.O.D. because, I'm a boy from the South who likes to go BOOM!

·
Registered
64 Posts
great thread.......

Pink Floyd-Dark Side
ELO-Dont Bring Me Down

and "anything at all" by DIANA KRALL. (check her out!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Radiohead's "OK Computer"

I'm burning myself a bunch of mix CDs, and will hopefully get close to 10 or 12 by the end of May (just in time for my cross-country drive). So far, I've been labeling them "Element Vol. I" and so on. Currently, I've only gotten as far as "Element Vol. III."

The only hard and fast rule that I have about these "Element series" CDs is that an artist can only appear once per CD. Amon Tobin is currently the only artist to appear on all three of them...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The first CD played in my element was David Grey (my wife's choice). Whenever i'm driving though, its XM all the way...

AndyCElement

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gadzooks! I feel so "out of it". I read the lists of the first songs you guys played on your Element's CD players and discovered I never even heard of most of the artists. I may be in my "second childhood" but I think I will keep listening to the GOOD music of the 40's and 50's. Ever hear of Al Jolson? Jimmy Durante? Mel Torme? Vic Damone? Doris Day? Judy Garland? New Christy Minstrels? Joan Baez? Peter, Paul & Mary? The Andrews Sisters? Ever listen to Big Band music, or to Smooth Jazz? I find my "Retro" music preference fits in well with the Element's "Retro" dashboard styling. :wink: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Plugged my iPOD in and started with "Running with the Devil" by Van Halen, followed by "Autobahn" by Kraftwek. I think I freaked the dealer out because I kept driving circles around the parking lot with the windows down. I've been waiting for the Element since I first saw the concept car so I had to get my Ya Ya's out at full volume.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't purchased my Element yet (it'll be a Sunset Orange EX), but the first CD I play will be Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving. :D

1 - 20 of 265 Posts