Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I would like to thank the many user and their many posts in several threads about the differences in grills for the Element. I gathered a lot of info, some about grill sizes, inserts, HD Mods, etc. before really tackling this endeavor. I would also like to thank DarkElement07 for posting a youtube video and pics to get me started...

I have to admit I found it considerably more "involved" than led to believe by Grillcraft and their "install" pictures...

These are my pics, and accompanying youtube video. What do you think? I'm leaning towards spraying the grills Tangerine Metallic as well...might be too much though...

Before...

DSC_7674 by poet145, on Flickr

DSC_7669 by poet145, on Flickr

DSC_7668 by poet145, on Flickr

After

DSC_7682 by poet145, on Flickr

DSC_7687 by poet145, on Flickr

DSC_7688 by poet145, on Flickr

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Looks good!!! Well done.

As far as painting them, I would say do NOT paint the lower one.
The black goes good with the bumper.

As for the upper one, maybe paint the edge/trim, but not the mesh.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks really good. I did the same grilles on mine and do agree... The install was more than I thought it was going to be. I took pause when I found I had to cut the cross bars out of the stock grille. Then figured, go for it. Then trying to get the oddly angeled screws tightened up... Let's just say I swore a little bit.

I say leave them both black.

What bug deflector is that?

Again, looks great.

sPOTO

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks awesome! I'd kill to be able to do that to the '10 and get rid of that integrated H.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Looks good! More TM would be overkill. I also don't like the integrated "H" on my '03 grille.

Thats weird I am actually looking to swap back e 03-06 integrated mesh upper grill to my 08
I am not s fan of the "bar" style 08

Grillcraft looks nice but I like the larger oem honeycomb

Clean install op!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply guys, thanks for the responses. @sPOTO, as far as I know, that's the Honda bug deflector; the accessory item you can buy from Honda, or any of the aftermarket guys.

Also, not painting anything just yet. Waiting to see about getting paint matched so I can use an existing airbrush to do my painting. I have a pretty steady hand, and have done several R/C models, but to thin out automotive paint enough to flow through the needle is a problem right now...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Love it!!!! I would like to get these for my Element as well not only for their aesthetic value but also for the fact they protect the condenser and radiator much better. I wanted to get them this summer but I may wait now until after winter because in a few months or so they will be starting the annual salt onslaught :roll:. I am looking at replacing my chrome housing OEM headlights for a set of the '07+ black housing ones. I can see looking at your pics that it will look very nice once I have the grille and headlights in.

I have the 3-pc Grillcraft grille on my 1995 Civic hatchback and when I was involved in a small fender bender that crunched the front driver's side corner by the headlight, the grille was damaged but it fared quite well considering. I'm willing to bet it will stand up to a rock or stick coming at it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great, great vid. I'll definitely be referring back to it in the near future. Thanks for posting that!

Edited to add: Oh, and the ride looks bitchin', man. Nice job.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks great !

I would not paint either one but would have the bumper painted same color, that would be the best balance and show off the bottom grill even more so, not?

·
Registered
107 Posts
poet145 the pictures don't do it justice! Was dropping off a friend in YO and drove right past your ride yesterday. The one thing that is amazing is the color combo of the TM and the new plates. The grill looked very nice. I would leave as is versus painting it, but that's just my .02.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Great job, looks nice.8) I think if you were to remove those emblems from the grilles, they would look even nicer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I happen to like that OEM grill just fine but thanks for taking the time to put together that video. very detailed, and gives us all an idea of how a seemingly simple change can become a bit more involved.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, that is a nice looking grill! I was leaning towards that grill, but I thought maybe it would be too much black on my ride. I went with GrillCraft's billet inserts and I think they are way off on the fit, I'm going to take some pix and post them in a different thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.