Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my 4wd EX Auto in Blue (today, yipee!!!) and wanted to take my girlfriend camping on the beach this weekend.

Has anyone on this board slept in their E with the seats made into a "bed"??? Just wondering how comfortable it would be and if I should just bring the camping gear and rough it on the sand?

Also wanted to know if anyone did "the deed" or "broken in" their Element too, there is a lot of space in there :twisted:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ha, no "breaking in" the E yet like that....but I said to a bunch of my friends that I wish I had this car in high school. My '73 Impala didn't have those convenient fold-down seats....

Somehow, I don't know that this is a selling point of the E that Honda would market however ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kind of bumpy but it is much better with a 1 inch foam mat cut to size. The mat evens out the bumps and we don't lose the dog underneath the seats. The cup holders don't feel too good on the hips and knees. We are experimenting with covers for the mat. I think the cordura cover over 1in foam mat slips the least. We anchored the end of the mat to the floor hooks in the back. Velcro screen over the skylight lets air in and bugs out or you get too hot inside and steam it up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had answered a post last month about camping in it. i said that i havent camped but its a great motel . me an my girl tested it out.as i said in that earlier post at least there are no 3 hour rates. :twisted:

·
Registered
64 Posts
any one got any thoughts about keeping the bugs out?? Actual insects that is (you dirty people :wink: ) I thought about glueing some mesh or screen to magnets and sticking it to the outside of the E while sleeping. This way the windows are able to be opened and closed (it must get stuffy in there...) PS I get mine on Saturday... the past 12 weeks have been the worst of my life!!

PS we are planning on "breaking it in" in the driveway when we get home...hee hee hee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts