Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my GG EX AWD manual 2 1/2 weeks ago, about 850 miles on it now, and tomorrow we head to Canada in it. Me, wife, 2 year old daughter, and towing my standup (jetski) behind. The trailer/ski weigh 880, I've towed it here locally and on the highway a short bit and it tows fine, but this will be the real test.

Oh, got the sunroof limo tinted today so that the sun doesn't shine on my daughter's head while she sleeps, $25 and 15 minutes worth of work. Very worthwhile IMO.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got back a few hours ago, total 990 miles and averaged just over 22mpg with me, wife, daughter, ~1000lb trailer, other stuff, with the a/c on recirc and fan on low most of time, no a/c other times. The E has great power on the highway with the trailer thanks to the manual gearing, and it feels rock solid, my wife noticed how you actually 'feel' the trailer less than with my S-10.

I also got to test the awd finally, in very deep loose sand. Pulled right out although I had to clutch it alot.

My wife and I talked quite a bit about how much nicer the E is on long trips than our 2000 CR-V, more room, easier access, and even more storage behind the rear seats it seems. I'm still surprised that the spare is under the rear floor although the new CR-V's have it on the outside blocking visability.

Also, we spent the weekend on the beach, and there is nothing like not worrying about sand/water getting on the floor, and pulling the rubber mats out to shake it all off afterwards.

Someone in a SOP EX gave me the thumbs up in Detroit as he passed me, then proceeded to swerve across in front of me to make his exit----grrr.

I saw more H2's than E's, not that it matters, but I notice both for some reason.

Had a very nice older couple come up to check out the E while getting gas in Canada, they loved it, so did the money exchange teller, and tons of other people.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And this is what we found in the homemade grill guard after only 3 hours on the road:

image was lost while screwing with my servers......sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts