Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy!

New Member Here, from Shawnee, Kansas.
And as of Yesterday, (11-05-2009), I'm an Owner of a new 2010 Element 4WD EX in Polished Metal Metallic.
I love it. New Car Smell, it's a great feeling. I love the Titanium interior.

I love the Alloy Wheels.
But the Window Sticker shows 16"x6.5" Aluminum Wheels on P215/70 R16 All-Season Tires.
I looked at the Tires, and they are R17. That makes me wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Can it be that they are really 17" wheels? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to wheels.
I really love the way they look though!

This is my 3rd Honda. I have owned a Civic SI Hatchback, and a Civic Wagon in the late 80's to early 90's.
I have alway had great luck with Honda, and hope to enjoy this one for a very long time.

It was great.
I walked in at 2:15pm, on a Cold Call. Test Drove the E, and drove it off the lot at 5:30pm.
It was great, fast, and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Now I can't sleep, so I'm typing this. haha...

Since I drove it off the lot last night, I didn't get any add-ons, other than ordering mats, and an Ashtray (another smoker).

Here is my very short mod wish list:
-Must Have Factory Fog lights installed. I like the way they look.
-Lighter/Accessory plug. I was surprised at the single plug.
I'll need the lighter plugs for my Garmin, iPhone, and the occasional Laptop power. I can always use a Zippo for smoking, and place it in the Cubby on the dash.
-Must find a decent BluTooth addon for the phone.

There's a few other things, but I really just wanted to introduce myself, and say that I really look forward to reading the Forum.

Rick

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome...!

Hey there UnorthoBox...!

Glad you got an E in the BEST COLOR in the WORLD...! LOL! I already know you're going to be a GREAT owner...! May she give you many years of service and enjoyment...

I know what you mean about the foggies (foglights)... We get some good Bay Area fog and I couldn't begin to think of driving around without them...

I would be remiss in my duties to warn you about getting pics before the "rest" get on you and maybe remove some critical body parts...!

Trust me...!

LBD

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Way to go Rick!

Welcome to the club!

It looks like Kansas is becoming a hotbed of Elements as of late.

I know you will become more and more attached to it as time goes on.

Dom

·
Registered
262 Posts
2010 Element 4WD EX in Polished Metal Metallic.
Welcome Unorthobox. I feel your pleasure. Very few things better than a new E. I am curious about the PMM. Is that silverish? grayish? nicklish?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If I may...

Scotia,

PMM is a dark gray... More along the lines of a charcoal... Not silverish or nicklish by any means... As far an the interior, Titanium is a light brown with some pieces bordering on light gray...

Hope this helps... I'd like to think of myself as a PMM color expert... You've seen my profile...! LOL!!!

LBD

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics and Reply's

Thanks All.
Some Reply's then some quick Pictures.
Welcome, UnorthoBox. The tires are 16". The "R17" on the tire must refer to something else, or be an inexplicable error.
I don't know what I was reading last night, but they are indeed R16. Last (I think I was 'wishing', but I saw a 7 in there, but it was getting dark when I looked last night).

Welcome Unorthobox. I feel your pleasure. Very few things better than a new E. I am curious about the PMM. Is that silverish? grayish? nicklish?
It's more a dark grey, hopefully the Pics will help clarify.

Pics linked to Photobucket below:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Nice...!!!

Okay,

Jojo and _jea_ will come in now for their official greets and welcomes... Uh-Hem...! (...pause for effect...)

Congrats again on the MOST AWESOMEST (<<< is that a REAL word?) color in THE WORLD...! Oh well, don't care cause it's true...! :p Let the march of the PMMs start as we take over the world... *stomp*, *stomp*, *stomp*... LOL!!!

LBD

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the club!
It looks like Kansas is becoming a hotbed of Elements as of late.
Dom
Another one !!! Woo Hoo
Now whan we post for a meet maybe more than just me will show-up

Now this guy know how to post pictures and didn't even need JoJo to remind him

Welcome to the group Rick
If you see an SOP around SoJoCo with a Twirate sticker on the back thats me !!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another one !!! Woo Hoo
If you see an SOP around SoJoCo with a Twirate sticker on the back thats me !!!!!
Thanks!
I'll keep an eye out for that SOP with the Twirate sticker.

I had to use the "Search Feature" to understand the Twirate reference.

Good one!

Rick

·
Registered
662 Posts
Very sharp! Welcome to the gang. :eoc: You may need one of these :064:.

What kind of tires are they putting on the new ones? I couldn't make it out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Very sharp! Welcome to the gang. :eoc: You may need one of these :064:.

What kind of tires are they putting on the new ones? I couldn't make it out.
They are "Goodyear Wrangler HP" and the size is P215/70R16

From Tiretrack.com, here is a description:
The Wrangler HP is Goodyear's Highway All-Season light truck tire often used as Original Equipment on sporty pickups and sport utility vehicles like the Cadillac Escalade, Dodge Ram and Durango RT, Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and the Land Rover Discovery 4.6 HSE. The Wrangler HP was developed to blend high performance on-road handling with all-season traction on any terrain, as well as in snow.

On the outside, the Wrangler HP features a symmetric tread design with wide outer shoulders and large intermediate blocks to provide responsive handling and traction on dry roads, while wide circumferential and lateral tread grooves help evacuate water from under the tire's footprint to resist hydroplaning and strategically placed sipes enhance all-weather grip. Internally, the Wrangler HP features twin steel belts (H-speed rated sizes reinforced with nylon cap plies) that stabilize the tread area to boost handling and high-speed capability. Depending upon application, the Wrangler HP features a polyester or rayon cord body to provide appropriate strength and enhance ride quality

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interior Pictures

You all Nudged me to "post pictures",
so I hope that this isn't Overkill.

Here are some Interior Pictures, the quality is so-so.
I couldn't get decent shots with the Sunlight/Shady areas.

You all know what it looks like, but here are some inside shots:

·
Registered
941 Posts
pretty so clean I can smell the new car smell from here. No dog fur or slobber, Want some.?:grin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts