Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! After 6 months and $2500 in repairs, it was time to put my 2000 Hyundai Elantra wagon down. It served me well, and took me all over the US in the short time I had it. It was inherited from my father after his passing in 2001.

I was originally looking into the Wranglers. I was always interested in how much adventure they seemed to advertise, which is what I was looking for! However not only do they offer adventure, they offer very little storage, awful gas mileage, and a bumpy ride.... which isn't too great for someone who travels a lot. I'm a photographer and I also have a lot of fragile equipment that I need to take with me on my long excursions.

After looking around more, I came across the Element and knew it was the car for me! Smooth ride, tons of storage, and decent on the gas mileage! The official selling point was when I came across the Ursa Minor site with the E-Camper! I've always been a huge fan of the Volkswagon campers, and I was so excited someone was making them for the Element as well! I went to the dealer that week and picked out a brand new 2010 Citrus Fire 4WD EX, and they threw in all my favorite accessories, including the privacy curtain (I can't wait to use that when I go on my trips & sleep in the car!)

I've been lurking on this board for some time now, and reading up on what everyone else has said about their vehicles, I decided it'd be time to say hello and introduce myself! Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome! There are a lot of friendly and helpful Eople you will find on here!

You may want to look into those e-campers....if I'm not mistaken you will need a sunroof in the back. Unfortunately the 2009 and 2010 models do not have a sunroof as an option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! There are a lot of friendly and helpful Eople you will find on here!

You may want to look into those e-campers....if I'm not mistaken you will need a sunroof in the back. Unfortunately the 2009 and 2010 models do not have a sunroof as an option.
this is true, but Ursa Minor will cut a sunroof for the 2009 / 2010 models (and it's cheaper than going to the manufacturer!)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh! I did not realize that. Cool then! Good luck with that and let us know how it goes! Post some pics after. :grin:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I'm a photographer and I also have a lot of fragile equipment that I need to take with me on my long excursions.
If that's true, Then what's missing from your post ? :grin:

Welcome to the club. It's nice to have another Member from Long Island !

Hope you can make it to one of our northeast meets.

Dom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that's true, Then what's missing from your post ? :grin:

Welcome to the club. It's nice to have another Member from Long Island !

Hope you can make it to one of our northeast meets.

Dom
haha i KNEW someone would point that out! i got my car the day before the big snow storm so i want get it washed before i take some pictures! :)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group

Let's see some pic's of that beautiful ORANGE beast

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome aboard! I was a lurker for over a year before I bought my E last month. I couldn't be happier and everyone here is extremely helpful with all my questions and comments.

I love those Ursa Minor camper mods for the E. I wish they had an East Coast shop though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. i'll be sure to post photos once the weather gets a bit nicer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts