Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey y'all! I am a first-time Element owner- indeed, a first-time HONDA owner- from Asheville NC. I have been driving a '95 LeBaron convertible for the last 10 Western North Carolina winters. It's not a bad car but it is hands-down the WORST car on snow or ice I've ever owned. So this year I said, "enough's enough!" and began car-searching.
I wanted something with 4WD or AWD.....something JAPANESE, since I was tired of all the troubles which seem to be inherent in American cars, or at least the ones I've owned. And something with LOTS OF ROOM inside, since I was tired of trying to haul much of anything at all in my LeBaron with its small trunk and small passenger compartment. I like Subarus, but the Outbacks and Foresters just didn't thrill me- too wagon-y. Neither did the AWD vans available- too van-y.

Then I ran across an ad for the Element. I'd not seriously thought about one, thinking them too expensive and sort of a novelty car, I guess. But I did some research- Hey, Car and Driver likes them! So do Click and Clack, the Car Guys! So does Consumers Report! So does....pretty much everyone!

So after looking on-line all around North Carolina and the surrounding states, and on eBay, I found my one-owner, carefully-maintained 2005 EX in a small local lot. Test-drove it in the snow, went back to the lot and said to the guy, "let's talk."

I love my E like I've never loved a car before. It's exactly what I wanted and needed. So far I've put OEM rubber mats and cargo tray in it. I've got one of the armrest/consoles on the way.....after that a CAI is on the list, and then I should be good to go. I'll be spending a lot of time on this forum!

Here is a picture of my new love-

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group - I can tell from your avatar you'll fit in nicely around here

Congrats on your new Element

Post some more pictures of it around the NC mountains

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankee! I will certainly be posting pix as I get out and about- so far I haven't done much but go to and from work and around town- but it's been grim weather for road trips for the last couple of months. Piles of dirty snow around since week before Christmas....ugly. But come April and May- ah, spring in the mountains....cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway with the windows down - some Balfa Brothers or The Clash or Patti Smith on the E's sound system- WHOOO!

Have to say this is a fun place to drive. All sorts of different conditions. Lotsa curves and grades. You gotta keep on your toes or You Will Become A Statistic.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Check out the mid-south and mid atlantic sections for get togethers Camping in Meadows of Dan in June.

·
Registered
872 Posts
hey where did you put the cookies??? you didn't ferget the cookies for your 1st post did you? you better hurry,brownies will do if there gooiey &soft.Oh by the way your honda is american !!! so dont count on that good old japaneese quality. :razz: welcome to our nightmare/cult/nut house, club.(better send in those cookies & brownies quick,no nuts we have plenty)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks y'all!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
You chose wisely...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Congrats...!

Hey Daoud,

May she give you many years of service and enjoyment...! Great job in doing your intro...! You're one of few... Now more pics and lets see those mods...!!! LOL!!!

LBD

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome! Be on the look out for the monthly Meet-n-Eat that goes on in the Mid South!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts