Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt know for sure where to post this so I thought here would be a good place.

I took my first trip to the mountains today in my E. It was great. The trip started out with highway driving up some STEEP mountains. I expected the E to struggle on the steep hills but the thing actually had passing power and plenty of power to spare. I am used to driving full size pickup with a V8 and never once did I feel underpowered in the E. The cornering was also amazingly nimble. I was able to go in and out of traffic and avoid potholes without any body roll even at highway speeds.

After that I took it on some national forest roads that were in pretty bad shape from the winter and the E handled them without any problems also. The clearance wasnt a problem although I imagine on anything much worse it would have been. The suspension made the ride enjoyable even on the bumps. I didnt have any rattles or thumps like many readers have talked about.

All in all the trip was great I got to enjoy a great day outside and take in some AMAZING views. I took a few pics and may post some later. I am very pleased with my E, I thought it would do much worse out in the forest but it did suprisingly well, plus it turned more heads getting there than anything else i have ever driven.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Bri, don't know where you live, but that is my next trip to see how well the "flamed Mini Hummer" does on mountains. I am at the bottom of mountains that are 8,000 feet in height and go to such resorts as Big Bear Lake, Running Springs, and other tourists traps along very twisty mountain roads.

Ger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts