Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I made my first long trip (688 miles) in my new 2010 E over Thanksgiving to visit my daughter and her husband who live outside Pittsburgh. Over the last couple of weeks, my driving was limited to going to work in stop and go traffic. I was rather disappointed with the gas mileage and the small gas tank during that time.

This was my first long distance trip on interstates. I averaged about 28 mpg running at about 69-70 mph. Not to shabby!!! Plus, the E handled great and was very comfortable. The sound system was also great.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with my decision. to buy it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We've made countless trips to and from Florida, and a trip to Canada with three dogs in summer '08:

A hitch carrier gave us enough room groceries and the like (away from the dogs!):

Great little traveling car! With the XMRadio and an iPod loaded with music and podcasts, we're ready!

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's a great car for long trips. Glad you like yours. My '07 (new to me last March with very low mileage) and I went on a trip to Delaware from Michigan. That was a long haul. I carried my extra-large bike (had to remove the front wheel to get it in), my harp, luggage, beach gear, my brother's luggage and a bunch of groceries he bought, some food I brought along. The rear was really full of stuff, and I could've doubled the stuff there is that much room back there. I didn't even remove the seats...just clipped them up. I bought mine mainly to haul my concert grand harp, and it does that well too. I love my beautiful beautiful E.

·
Registered
150 Posts
cabana

FastEddieB, Nice to see another cabana camper! Do you sleep in the E or in the tent? or dogs in the tent? I love mine, I sleep in the E with a Thermarest air mattress. last time was on the passenger side seats reclined. I thought it was really comfortable. Used a sleeping bag also. Planning on camping the week between christmas and New years. if not freezing temps:evil: I was trying to attach photos, but it keeps "failing". my husband installed a hitch and we had the Honda dealer do the wiring harness for the lights. Trying to decide between a 4x6 trailer and the cargo hitch. I want to transport the kids bikes, mine also. What's your opinion?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts