Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my E for about a week and thought i would give it a quick rinse... well, right on top of the hood I found several small scratches!! Do you think the dealer should repaint?

John

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
[quote:1b4afae1ce="JohnMo"]I've had my E for about a week and thought i would give it a quick rinse... well, right on top of the hood I found several small scratches!! Do you think the dealer should repaint?

John[/quote:1b4afae1ce]

Good luck! I think you should have your cat killed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sure, why not. I'm sure they won't. Cars will get scratched.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:b6dee238b7="JohnMo"]I've had my E for about a week and thought i would give it a quick rinse... well, right on top of the hood I found several small scratches!! Do you think the dealer should repaint?

John[/quote:b6dee238b7]

John,

The minute you drive off the lot, is your problem! :(

In order for Honda to do anything for you, is to catch any problems before the vehicle is being driven off their lot. :cry:

I too have some small scratches on hood, did not see it then can't do anything about it now. :cry:

Take care,

·
Registered
176 Posts
I did a close inspection on mine at the dealer and found a nice 1" scratch on the right door, a 2" scratch on the right front plastic panel (yes it scratches easy), then a great scratch leading to gouge around the AC dial... i guess when they installed the 10 disc cd... noticed two on the dash on the way up the highway as well... got free interior trim kits and touch up paint, decided not to let the dealer try to rub out...

Had a BMW that the dealer scratched the hood and had repainted, looked great for 2 years then started to crackle and after 4 years I had to repaint. I would suggest NOT repainting unless it drives you crazy... in a few years after a few parking lot dings and others, you'll likely be happier with the original paint then if they glob on some on top...

No fun though on a brand new car, does not seem fair!

·
Registered
56 Posts
while on are great Canadian ROAD TRIP we approached the 1st oil change interval. Knowing that we would not come across any other Honda dealerships we opted to go to Gore Motors in Thunder Bay, ON. I know that they were trying very hard to make us happy - they very nearly did. They were nice enough to wash it for us. The only problem was the huge scratches that covered the painted portion of the hatch. The manager said he could not say that it happened at their dealer but offered to have it buffed. We waited for 10 minutes until this old guy came out and told us he could see no scratch. I pointed them (plural) out to him but he insisted that they did not exsist. HE started buffing it so hard that I thought he would dent it.

We left very quickly and headed to a detailing shop. This guy was a great help but also failed to remove all of the scratch.

When we got home yesterday I pulled out old reliable. CALIFORNIA KISS PAINT CLEANER. In 3 minutes, even I could no longer find the scratch that was slowly killing me. :wink:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where can I get this paint cleaner? It would be good to have some just in case. Were the scratches very deep?

·
Registered
56 Posts
despite it's rather American sounding name they are in fact a Canadian company. I am not sure if it is available in the States, but here is the phone # if you wish to call them (905)294-5494
I have used 1 and a half bottles of it in 10 years and it is the only product that seems to work miracles. I swear by it! I have removed marks and scratches from at least 30 different vehicles over the years. I also get that nasty bird [email protected] off,sap,bugs,road tar, and every other foriegn substance that has ever come in contact with my cars. Even marks on the headlights and taillights :) :) :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out Griotsgarage.com. Someone else on the forum mentioned their products. I use them and they are excellent. Griots also has a little booklet on how to keep your car in showroom (or better) condition. They caution about having the dealer do "buffing" or touching the finish of a new vehicle, for example!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts