Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sunset Orange Pearl EX AWD last Thursday. :lol:

:D Great dealership to work with: Gary Force Honda in Bowling Green, KY.
:) Awesome color, seen all but the green, but SOP is definitely the way to go.
:) Rides great, corners awesome, great power for a 4 cylinder.
:D Interior design is very well thought out, everything is where is should be.
:? Only gripe about the interior is that I am a pretty tall guy and the arm rest is a little low (factory original one, I dont have the larger one), and that the passenger side doesn't have one at all.
8) I am an assistant manager at our Wal-Mart SuperCenter and the fenders are perfect for parking in those parking lots all day.
:shock: Definitely am getting the rubbernecking from others on the road.
This is the only one I have seen here, and pretty much else I normally travel, although there were a few in Bowing Green, kinda cool to have such a unique vehicle without spending a fortune, or owning an antique vehicle you can only drive on the weekends.

:?: Questions:
I plan on ordering some accessories, the side steps, bug deflector, roof rack, window visors. How long are the side steps and are there any others that will fit the E other than the OEM ones? Same for the other add-ons listed.
Also, I am planning on adding aftermarket fog lights, can I order just the factory switch from Honda or an aftermarket place and about how much is it?

:arrow: We have nicknamed our E "Humbug"
:arrow: Hummer breeded with a Beetle = Humbug

Great info on this site, keep it up, thanks tt :!:

·
Registered
94 Posts
i also am a big guy and, yes you are right, the factory installed armrest does not do the job. the armrest/console is the way to go. not only does it help with the driver side, but passengers can share it as well. if you don't want to order it through honda, you can order it through the site that is advertised on this homepage and get it a lot cheaper. also there are detailed instructions on how to install it on the message boards.!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Re: the sid steps, they run from wheel well to wheel well. As far as I know there are no aftermarket ones. Run a search on this site for fog lites. Ther has been a lot of talk and some good ideas.

As for the bug deflector, I just order the nose mask. The comes off easily. I am not convinced that the deflector will do much deflecting. And the deflector on our CRV has damaged the hood. Just my thoughts.

I am short but also found the armrest to short and I am not crazy about the color of the storage armrest. I went aftermarket and I got two more inches in hight. follow this link for pics

enjoy

http://www3.telus.net/boneheadz/element.html

·
Registered
21 Posts
My hubby who is 6'4" had the same problem with the armrests. My suggestion, get the drivers side storage armrest. Not only will it solve the height problem, but its big enough for us both to use. Kills to birds with one armrest :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts