Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a silly question, but will the Element fit (height-wise) in a standard
2-car garage? I was reading the specs last night trying to finalize my decision and I saw that the Element is listed at 79 inches tall. That is just an inch or two shorter than most garages in newly built homes.

So, does it fit? Thanks!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Watch out for underground garages....some have low-hangin ceilings. Having said that, the "E" is shorter by a wee bit than a few SUVs that do fit in underground garages and home garages.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:068d8f0152="tig2003"]Maybe a silly question, but will the Element fit (height-wise) in a standard
2-car garage? I was reading the specs last night trying to finalize my decision and I saw that the Element is listed at 79 inches tall. That is just an inch or two shorter than most garages in newly built homes.

So, does it fit? Thanks![/quote:068d8f0152]

I had the exact same concerns prior to buying my E. I am not sure where Honda came up with the 79". It is simply incorrect. My E measures only 73" to the top of the antenna. Measure one at the dealer to rest your mind at ease.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Your Element can go anywhere a minivan can go. Most underground garages (I have never come across one that didn't) fit my ford minivan. Side by side, the Element is not as tall by a long shot.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
My building was built in 1917 and the garages added underneath are pretty short. I just arranged a test drive to my garage before I put down a deposit. The E fits with about 3" to spare, and my friend noticed that the antenna would catch the latch cable on the garage door when backing out so I covered it with a surround. I was pretty relived it fit and since Honda has published more than 1 figure for height (I've seen 70.4 and 74 inches) I wasn't comfortable just measuring.

·
Registered
53 Posts
isketerol
RE THE CLEARANCE..WENT TO DR. AND WENT TO PARK IN UNDERGROUND GARAGE AS I USED TO WITH SUBARU ..AS I ALREADY ENTERED WITH ELEMENT I NOTICED GARAGE READ "6'0'' CLEARANCE AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO RIP OFF TOP
BUT THERE'S ABOUT 4 INCHES TWIXT TOP OF ELEMENT AND LOWEST HANGING THING IN GARAGE..
HOW COME? ELEMENT FIT IF ONLY 6'0?

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
pemfluke,

Even though the garage had a 6' clearance posted, they may have allowed a little extra space just in case. Unless you went around the whole place and measured all of the overhangs you don't really know. the clearance also reflects the lowest clearance in the garage--the area in which the E fit might have better than the lowest clearance. Besides, one of the puiblished figures for height is 70.4 inches, so you'd still fit anyway.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well, my garage won't store any car until I pull out all the junk. However, it does fit in the multi-story parking structure that we have downtown. Even with the spotlight I mounted on the rack, I still have a few inches to spare.

Ger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts