Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not good at this at all ..gonna try to share how I "fixed" the dark speedo on my 03 EX .. This has bugged me for years .. Magnetic Mount by Caw Car on Amazon ..Think it was 20 bucks .. along with a GPS speedo app and problem solved ...hope this helps someone
179914725_172357691436629_619778367644838094_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
331 Posts
Nice work!!
(I see your pre-XM radio... your '03 and my '04 are certainly "old school" ... haha)

If you wanted to actually get behind the dash and replace bulbs, here's a few good resources...

(soooo much good stuff here)

I installed some of these LED lights using the old sockets... they are VERY bright, but I've come to enjoy them during the day (w/parking lights on) and I've learned to tolerate them at night...

Cheers!
Brad

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice work!!
(I see your pre-XM radio... your '03 and my '04 are certainly "old school" ... haha)

If you wanted to actually get behind the dash and replace bulbs, here's a few good resources...

(soooo much good stuff here)

I installed some of these LED lights using the old sockets... they are VERY bright, but I've come to enjoy them during the day (w/parking lights on) and I've learned to tolerate them at night...

Cheers!
Brad
Thanks for your reply ..I will look into the lights ... I tried some aftermarket bulbs years ago ..forget why but they didn't work .. Maybe the tech has improved .. still with this mod I don't need to ride around with my lights on ..downside is I think you use "Data" when running the speedo app ... I have unlimited data and use Pandora or Spotify for music so this mount makes that easier too ..

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
331 Posts
I put in the aftermarket bulbs as they came, not a single one worked... I looked more closely at the plastic sockets the LED boards were in,
the electrical contact surface was on the wrong side of the mount...!?

If you still have the original plastic bulb sockets in the back of your dash, you can carefully pull out the glass bulb parts, and put in the new LED boards into the original sockets and make them work...

Good luck... :geek: (y)

Brad

Reactions: diverdon
1 - 4 of 4 Posts