Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 6 months the D for Drive flashes periodically. I've read up on the other threads related to this but my questions is this. Is it possible that they blinking D could be related to a loose connection of the battery? I noticed that one of the contacts was loose and now that I've tightened it, there hasn't been a flashing D in the last few days. I suppose if it reappears, I may have to replace one of the sensors. Any ideas?

·
Registered
253 Posts
D light is flashing this means that the transmission control module(TCM) has detected a fault in the transmission system. Some faults do not show any outward symptoms such a slipping or hard shifting. It needs to be checked & serviced. A Reputable Transmission Shop can test or Honda Dealer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not that my strategy should be followed, but before I saw this issue on the forum many years ago, I experienced the flashing D with about 50-60,000 miles on my original E. It happened only one day and never happened again through 125,000 miles when I gave it to someone at church.

Always wondered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts