Honda Element Owners Club banner

881 - 900 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, this may have been a costly experiment... I received my OMRON receiver (P/N 38385-S9A-A01) and TL key (P/N 35111-SEP-306) and I couldn't get the keyless entry system to pair. It was able to set up the two normal fobs that came with the receiver, but not the TL key.

Element owner brain trust: Any suggestions here? I'm too far in to just call it quits now!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, this may have been a costly experiment... I received my OMRON receiver (P/N 38385-S9A-A01) and TL key (P/N 35111-SEP-306) and I couldn't get the keyless entry system to pair. It was able to set up the two normal fobs that came with the receiver, but not the TL key.

Element owner brain trust: Any suggestions here? I'm too far in to just call it quits now!
Did u disable the Memory fiction on the TL key? Hold lock and unlock for 2 seconds. You can see the mode change when the led blinks. Once solid or 2 quick blinks, I forget which is enable and which disable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup, I tried it both ways. But the experience around the seat memory I've seen here is that the remote will pair with the car just fine, lock the doors fine, but not unlock them.

I can't get this remote to pair... I follow the turn the key on, press lock, turn off, turn on, press lock, turn off, turn on press lock, then press lock on all the remotes you want to pair... This will work for the normal remotes, but not the TL key/remote.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yup, I tried it both ways. But the experience around the seat memory I've seen here is that the remote will pair with the car just fine, lock the doors fine, but not unlock them.

I can't get this remote to pair... I follow the turn the key on, press lock, turn off, turn on, press lock, turn off, turn on press lock, then press lock on all the remotes you want to pair... This will work for the normal remotes, but not the TL key/remote.
Another idea.... how many remotes are you pairing? I believe it'll handle 3 at most.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm just trying two right now, with the TL key first. At the end of the process, where the locks are supposed to cycle with each remote, they only cycle for the normal fob.

Any idea if these part number combinations are compatible/working in the wild? I'll take a photo of both the receiver and key labels with FCC is and whatnot this evening.

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Edit: It works. I don't know what I was doing wrong before.... Here's what I've got now... Just need to get this thing cut and I'm all set!

Thanks everyone!

OK here are some images.... The receiver:

And the remotes...

The TL key is hard to read, so.. FCC ID OUCG8D-439H-A
IC 850G-G8D439HA
COFETEL: RLVOMG806-302

·
Registered
6 Posts
So since the element has a chipped key how exactly did you get everything working. I understand the key fob pairing etc. but how does the receiver relay that message to the computer. Or maybe I should have looked back a few more pages first lol

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The key has three independent systems.

• The key cut will allow to physically unlock the steering and turn the ignition switch.
  • The Lock / Unlock feature is for accessing the inside of the vehicle (door locks) You can program this yourself.
  • The transponder in the key has to have a recognized frequency that will allow fuel flow if it is one of the programmed / recognized frequencies for your car. Honda has to add / delete these.
  • Only a key where all three systems are synchronized for your car will work.

So since the element has a chipped key how exactly did you get everything working. I understand the key fob pairing etc. but how does the receiver relay that message to the computer. Or maybe I should have looked back a few more pages first lol

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
The key has three independent systems.

• The key cut will allow to physically unlock the steering and turn the ignition switch.
  • The Lock / Unlock feature is for accessing the inside of the vehicle (door locks) You can program this yourself.
  • The transponder in the key has to have a recognized frequency that will allow fuel flow if it is one of the programmed / recognized frequencies for your car. Honda has to add / delete these.
  • Only a key where all three systems are synchronized for your car will work.
On an '08, you can have three remote HONDA fobs and (I think) five separate HONDA keys. You're pretty much stuck with these numbers if you use Honda products, but you can have more fobs if you get the self-cloning kinds available on Ebay and elsewhere. They only record and replay the signal from one of your existing remotes. As for keys, you can go higher than five by using the cloned versions available from places like Ace Hardware or you can install one of your chipped keys in an inexpensive bypass module sold for remote starters which defeats the immobilizer system completely. Then you can use any key regardless of the chip. Brass (practice) keys are $6-20.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I bought this key..programmed it myself..then had it cut at the honda dealership. The keyfob part of it works to unlock and lock the doors. They said that they could try to program the key but no promises. Has anyone else used this key on an 08 Element EX and had success in programming the aftermarket?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be interested in finding this out as well, Thanks for your post!

I bought this key..programmed it myself..then had it cut at the honda dealership. The keyfob part of it works to unlock and lock the doors. They said that they could try to program the key but no promises. Has anyone else used this key on an 08 Element EX and had success in programming the aftermarket?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just finished my first mod to the Element. I did the flip key and had no problem. Bought the key from acura 92 bucks and that included cutting it. And destroyed my valet key for the chip.

Only wanted to say this key sucks compared to my Audi VW one. Fake metal attachment ring, much larger, hard plastic buttons, bad key position(sideways Audi key takes up less room)and out of the bag the cover does not line up perfect.

All in all I like having a flip key but 92 dollars for this Japanese garbage is a little steep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to post that I successfully just did this mod today for about 160$, no sacrificing of anything involved, and all at the dealerships here in Southern California...

I took these part numbers into Acura and had the Acura dealer cut the key (free with purchase of the key)
35111-SEP-306 Key
35118-STK-A01 Faceplate (ordered and paid for - haven't put it on yet)
cost about 100$ (ask for a discount - most dealers can give you 10% for nothing)

Then took it over to Honda to have the immobilizer programmed (make sure you bring ALL copies of keys with you!)

cost about 60$. (again, ask for a discount - never hurts!)

Ensure that you hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote until it blinks twice (just once!) before you hand over the TL key to Honda to get it programmed, or they won't be able to figure out how to program the lock and unlock portion of your new key (My Honda dealer was able to only program the lock portion - disabling the memory function allows it to program for the unlock too)

Again, it works 100% with those part numbers on a 2010 Element EX (2wd with no Nav). Took about a half hour at Acura and an hour at Honda to finish everything, Acura had the key in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another update to simplify searching the thread, installed the RDX faceplate today with no issues using these instructions:
Post#65 of this thread

Works great - Thanks to all who paved the way for this.

A side note - the key does not fit into the door quite as smoothly as the factory key - works flawlessly on the ignition however, not sure what the deal is - could be just my experience.

881 - 900 of 957 Posts