Honda Element Owners Club banner

941 - 956 of 956 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Ive read so many pages here. Ill be purchasing the acura alarm 3button fob. My only concern. My 2011 element has the letter V stamped on it. Do i have to get an acura key with the letter V or will the keyblank that comes with the 07-12 rdx alarm work without me using the tl blank

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I just purchased two acura rdx alarm keys and the key blank has the letter V. This is the same letter thats on my 2011 element key. I hope this means the correct transponder is in it. Im getting them cut today. Ill know tonight if all the buttons and keys work. Fingers crossed

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
So far the keys are cut and they start the car. I cant get the rdx alarm to lock and unlock. I wonder if i need the older 04-08 tl alarm key. Does it have a different frequency?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ridgeline key/remote for me

First post. Just registered a new to me 2004 this morning! Also succeeded with adapting a 2010 Ridgeline key via the valet key transponder transplant method. The blank key cost me $20 on Ebay but had to pony up $50 to get it cut at a locksmith. Dealers were full of reasons why they couldn't cut an aftermarket blank. Very happy with the result. Thanks to the members who pioneered this mosd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cheap Key Duplication Solution

Greetings, according to the web video below, if you have TWO original keys and one newly cut transponder key, you can skip the locksmith paid programming by using the car to program the key. Does anyone know if this works or is it BS? (see the very end for the programming part.) - Thank you.

·
Moderator Eh?
12,105 Posts
May work on some cars but not in a honda.

I would be more convinced that what he did worked if he had shown the third key not starting the car before he "programmed" it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
So far the keys are cut and they start the car. I cant get the rdx alarm to lock and unlock. I wonder if i need the older 04-08 tl alarm key. Does it have a different frequency?
What was your final verdict on the RDX keys? Do you have an OEM Number?

Just wasted $120 on cutting some keys that were the wrong FCC ID...

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
10 years later. huzzah!!

thanks again to dana56 for the factory locking module!
and to whom ever it was i bought the key fob from, sorry i forgot your name :?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
i was able to have my local ace hardware cut my key. they have one of the new machines for modern car keys. it was like $20 or $25. they said no guarantee, but i have had 2 keys cut with no issue.
the second key i got was a cheapo one from china. lousy spring but does the job.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I'm baaaack...

Holy sweet mother... there's another 04 MT with variable intermittent wipers and a flip key... next you're gonna tell me that it's a 6 speed too?!?!

Woosterpuss must have my Zippy's twin...

I have some Cheapo keys heading my way... we'll see how suck-cessful this will be...

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
not a six speed. yet. i am going to need a clutch someday (won't pop into first easily on cold mornings) and then i will get it done

·
Registered
41 Posts
Materials Needed:
35111-SEP-307: Acura TL Memory 2 Remote. Depending on which is cheaper, 35111-SEP-306 can also be used. 35111-SEP-306 is the Acura TL Memory 1 Remote
35113-S9A-A01: The Blank Honda Element Transponder Key
35118-STK-A01: Acura MDX Remote Faceplate: Optional, although I believe it makes the final product look a lot more clean

I'm confused. So if a donor transponder from an Element key is going to be placed into the Acura flip remote, why not just place it directly into a MDX/RDX 2-button remote? Instead of a TL remote then swapping for a MDX/RDX faceplate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll probably only add to the confusion (and this is as a guy who does some RFID for a living...) I've tried to make sense of the various 'mods' being talked about here; I'm getting a little bleary-eyed.

Recently bought an '04 Element EX - with only one 'standard' key; I was given none of the other original (RFID-capable?) keys with the vehicle.

Security 'Module' in car reads:
FCC ID: OUCG8D-344H-B Omron
Canada: 850104449A
38385-S9A-A01 G8D-344H-B No. 273291

--------
So, hoping to make use of the remote lock/unlock/panic capabilities, in the form of a 'flip' key, I've found some MDX/RDX blank fllip keys on line with these specs:

FCC ID : N5F0602A1A
CHIP ID : 46

Would these keys work with my car, and be programmable with some in-the-car ignition on/off magical incantation foo, as I've used on other (Japanese) vehicles? Clearly, I'd have to get the metal blade blanks cut somewhere...

Related: Is it accurate that the lock/unlock circuit manages all locks on the car, including the rear gate, on one circuit? IE, that the 3-button key is the maximal granularity of control on these cars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for bringing this out of its grave. Can I get a summary of the part numbers I need to make my ‘04 E work with a flip key? Thanks all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, this may have been a costly experiment... I received my OMRON receiver (P/N 38385-S9A-A01) and TL key (P/N 35111-SEP-306) and I couldn't get the keyless entry system to pair. It was able to set up the two normal fobs that came with the receiver, but not the TL key.

Element owner brain trust: Any suggestions here? I'm too far in to just call it quits now!

941 - 956 of 956 Posts