Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the posts about this mod, I really like the idea. I've had this type of key on my VW's before, I think it's very cool & modern.
I was just wondering if any of CDN E owners have done this mod, or know If this mod is doable on 2009 Element SC... prices of the Acura TL flipkey and programming the immobilizer up here..

Thanks for your help...

·
12,179 Posts
I've read all the posts about this mod, I really like the idea. I've had this type of key on my VW's before, I think it's very cool & modern.
I was just wondering if any of CDN E owners have done this mod, or know If this mod is doable on 2009 Element SC... prices of the Acura TL flipkey and programming the immobilizer up here..

Thanks for your help...
I have a done a couple for 2007's. Typical cost of programming the key is around $60 canadian. Due to the cost of the machine we use to cut the keys expect a 10-20 dollar charge for cutting the key itself.

I will look into the cost of a TL key tommorow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a done a couple for 2007's. Typical cost of programming the key is around $60 canadian. Due to the cost of the machine we use to cut the keys expect a 10-20 dollar charge for cutting the key itself.

I will look into the cost of a TL key tommorow.
Sweet, thanks lizzurd, I wish I lived closer to your dealership, it's hard to find knowledgable and enthusiastic dealers who understand us nuts. I can't wait to do this mod.:lol:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Can it be done on an 03 and us there anyway to incorperate a 3rd party remote starter fob into the key instead of a Honda fob
From what I have read so far, 03 E's have to transplant their immobilizer chip from existing key (vallet key) into the TL key and remove the TL chip.
As for 3rd party remote starter, your chances are very slim, however the Honda OEM remote starter is a different story. I think, it's possible as long as you have factory keyless entry on your 03. Others can chime in and correct me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ i'm sure if i ring up richmond hill honda, they'll treat you real good..........

or you can stop by markham honda to see me :)
Thanks for the offer kitkat, but lizzurd already hooked me up with a TL flip key. :lol: but I'm looking for 09 SC rubber mats and 16" Honda wheel covers for my winter steelies. What are the prices like on those items?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stop by tmrw over at markham honda after 4:00pm :)

i'll be happy to serve a fellow E Enthusiast :D
Who do I ask for, kitkat ? Any word on pricing? Full list price isn't in my budget right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts