Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a very big dilemma.....

1. i have two dogs...... they love to roll and stuff.....get themselves dirty over time and of course the kitchen floor too.....

2. i've been using lysol all purpose cleaner once a month to clean the kitchen floor....then open windows (spring - fall) or turn on full ventiliation (winter) to dry the floor (while wife showers the dogs) and when the floor is dry and smell is mostly gone i let the dogs in......

now i read online that is bad....... is it??? any ways of mitigating it????

hope i didnt get them sick or shorten their life in any way....

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
As a general rule of thumb when cleaning in pet-used areas, try to avoid cleaners with a lot of complex, artificial chemicals, which Lysol has a ton of. For floors, I use Simple Green with my Hoover hard floor cleaner and that does the trick on damn near anything. It's non-toxic, biodegradable, and still one of the best cleaners out there without exception, strong enough to degrease your car engine yet gentle enough to use as a fabric stain remover. I'm a simple Green fan like Junebug is a Costco fan :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Green-13022-Purpose-Cleaner/dp/B0000CFLYJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1241929777&sr=8-1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks twi.......u juz made my day....... sob...... now i wonder if u want to put this into my dumbest thing???

·
Registered
133 Posts
I use Greenworks by Clorox. Its all natural and the smell is very minimal. Should be ok for Dogs but quite honestly, I haven't checked yet. Maybe I should now :)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I use Greenworks by Clorox. Its all natural and the smell is very minimal. Should be ok for Dogs but quite honestly, I haven't checked yet. Maybe I should now :)
I haven't checked out the Greenworks stuff yet but as a general rule I tend to discount the big-brand "green" lines. Yes, it's 99% natural, but in a lot of cleaners it's that 1% that's the REAL active ingredients. Maybe I should go check them out, they're getting a lot of press lately.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I try to avoid as many chemicals period- just a supersensitivity to most and I don't want to expose my family, figuring they get enough around this world anyway. I love Simple Green, too . . . although a good steam cleaning and a little elbow grease is a good alternative! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I try to avoid as many chemicals period- just a supersensitivity to most and I don't want to expose my family, figuring they get enough around this world anyway. I love Simple Green, too . . . although a good steam cleaning and a little elbow grease is a good alternative! :rolleyes:
I avoid chemicals for my pets and other people. For myself, though, I get enough chemicals already through my food so why try to avoid them? I figure I'm so full of preservatives already I'm gonna live to be 500 years old! :lol:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I figure I'm so full of preservatives already I'm gonna live to be 500 years old! :lol:
And won't the world be a better place because of that . . . :razz:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm..... have u tried experimenting with MCD french fries??? see how well they are preserved...perhaps we can use them for rust proofing!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts