Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the floor mats? I've been surviving with no mats in the car since I bought it, the floor's rubber so why spend the extra cash. I thought baour buying the rubber mats, just to add to the look of the interior. Has anyone gotten these, if so do they look god enough to buy... or should I keep on with no mats? How many of you out there aren't worried about buying the floor mats?.....let me know.
:twisted:
-pdub

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought the carpet mats because the E floor is incredibly slippery when you have snow on your shows. Carpet mats solved the problem. (OK, I like how they look, too.)

Not sure what the reason would be for buying the rubber "all weather" mats other than that you could take them out & hose them down.

·
Registered
608 Posts
We went with the all season rubber mats.

Our thinking was for easy of cleaning, taking them out and hosing them off, as well as for keeping the rest of the Element clean. We do Scuba diving, and also live/travel thru snow. No matter how hard you try, you are going to track some muck/mud/snow inside.

With the floor mats, we don't have to worry about anything getting into the rest of the truck. Whatever we bring in, stays in the mat. Then we take it out, and hose it. Then it goes right back in. No fuss, no muss, no mess.

We also have 3 dogs. We needed something for one of them, as she gets a bit car sick on trips to the vet. :wink:

I also happen to like the look of the all season mats

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wanted the carpet mats....more for looks. I think they look OK, they are low pile basic mats but, they do cover the front and back seat floor areas without looking like a rig. Make sure you install the anchors to stabilize the front mat or it will shift around.

You might want to check out the aftermarket web site for better pricing/info.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I love Element-j's image & site!

There are great step by step photo instructions on Element-j's site.. very cool! And when I saw those images it made me interested in the carpetted mats too. Though one of the things I love about the Element is that Rubber floors.. and i always though the carpetting was silly.. but the carpetted mats the way they are removeable and easy to take in and out very cool!

For xmas I receives Simpson's floor mats, they are cute.. otherwise i would not have put mats in my car.. though it does make clean up a bit easier.. so it does have some good sense to it!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got the rubber mats. For some strange reason I like how they look.
They'll also be able to contain dirt, than not having any mats at all.

Rubber/Carpet? I guess its all in what you like. After all, at least the EL doesn't have carpet UNDER carpet (geez) that really gets messy!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
the carpet is not bad looking, and at least since they are floormats they removable for a good power hosing... so i will likely do them soon.. first the all season then i might get the carpetted ones.. they really are nice, i am surprised!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's what I'm thinking: get the rubber floor mats from Walmart or something...and get the Honda carpet mats as well. I don't know if the Walmart mats will fit quite right or not....but I have seen them and they look like good, thick, heavy quality rubber.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
kelt36: the main things with aftermarket mats is securing them.. if they are not secured they will slip around and crawl underneath the brake & accelerator pedals.. not a good thing.

The Honda Element mats are secured by a pin that is in front of the front seats, so they don't squirm around.. they are one piece and go across the front floor area. Really nice!

The install is very easy too.. you slide off the bubble that covers the anchor hole, then screw in the brace with the pin.. then you lay down the mat, there is a grommet on the mat that you lay over the pin. Easy to put in and easy to remove. But also very secure!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear RML and other club menbers,

Decisions. Decisions. Having three cocker spaniels that sometimes ride along, does the back seat all season rubber floor mat slip around much on the urethane flooring? Does the carpet mat perform any better? Which ones would you buy to handle this situation? Thanks.

-tommyz

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
the floor mats are anchored in the front i am not sure about the back.. but for the puppy sake, they can not get good trackion on the rubber.. the carpet would be better.. but the rubber is easier to clean if anything happens.

It is a draw there, eh? I know my pup (border collie) was sliding around back there.. he is fine when i convinced him to get in the seat... he was not used to being sooo fffaaarrr away from me.. nice and roomy in this vehicle!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The carpet mats are only anchored in the front (there are 3 grommets in the mat - easy enough to do it yourself but, definitely necessary or mats will shift especially getting into car on drivers side). There are NO anchor spots in the rear - I suggest you check out a car (dealer / friend) that has them to see if they will suit your need.

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:1cc3204640="tommyz"]Dear RML and other club menbers,

Decisions. Decisions. Having three cocker spaniels that sometimes ride along, does the back seat all season rubber floor mat slip around much on the urethane flooring? Does the carpet mat perform any better? Which ones would you buy to handle this situation? Thanks.

-tommyz[/quote:1cc3204640]

Photos please of your 3 Cocker Spaniels in the Element. I have 2 myself :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys for the good feedback! Since the back mat is not anchored, I guess I really need to look at each type before buying.

GYPSYTDA, does your dog slip around on the all season mat? Or does the mat slip around?

LittleDogBox, I don't have any photos yet, but will try to post one with my wife's help using her new digital camera.

Thanks Again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts