Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
not totally, but RML had stated it does keep the dirt contained better, so all you need to do is pull out the mats instead of having to do a heavy duty entire cleaning, which is nice...

kinda like covering a dish when you put it in the microwave, not necessary just contains the mess!

They are rather nice, and I am now considering them, which I thought too, why?? but the front have anchor points, so they don't shift & they are one piece which keeps things nice and simple too! You can flip between the carpetted and the all season too for a nice change!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I ordered the rubber mats with my EL. Their really nice and thick. And they go great with the interior.
You right, they will keep dirt contained without the messiness of carpeting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe Husky will design some for the Element? I have them in my Jeep Wrangler, and have the same set for 3+ years, and they work great. They have high sides to contain the slop, clean very easy, and might be way cheaper than Honda brand.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the all weather mats and I love them. As expressed above, they don't shift around. You actually don't notice that they are in there at all. (I hate carpet mats that bunch up while you are driving) What you do notice is the dirt/water/muck that does get tracked in but don't worry about because you can just pull them out and hose them down. I love having a vehicle I can beat up and get dirty and still be at peace.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
CommonGrdCA: me too.. i never liked carpetted vehicles.. something just weird about that.. and finally my true vehicle..

have you removed the mats for cleaning, i was curious how much of an ordeal is that and does it just leave the mess on them on the vehicle.. since it is all one piece??

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah that is what i mean, heck you take you shoes off when you go inside, so you don't "track stuff" on the carpet.. soo hey lets put carpetting in a car.. ugh...

a friend of mine who works for DuPont said it was once used for sound deadening.. and when we initially were talking about the carpetting, he expected the element to be noisy.. you know it is quieter then my carpetted plush integra.. soo humm guess not eh?

I think the rubber takes care of that tin can sound the old cars (without carpetting or rubber) used to have..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got the carpet one. I love them. They give a nice look to the E and they are easy to install or remove for cleaning. Just don't make the mistake I did. I glace at the instructions and started. You have to make three small cuts to the rubber floor/side wall in front of the seats but there is four raised bumps to cut. I cut one near the drive and two by the passenger. The carpet mats use two by the drive and one by the passenger so now I have a small hole unused by the passenger. I just need some color matched pe-tex to fill it up.

Later

·
Registered
338 Posts
Honda's all season mats (rubber) work really well.

You won't get a better fit (with aftermarket) as these were made for the Element.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Szacherau - Made the same faux pas myself (so much for my harping on reading instructions first!!!). This could cost me my engineering club membership.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Honda's all season mats are a bit more expensive than getting some aftermarket ones, but they are attached and won't bunch up. They work great. The sides are high, they come out easy enough, and wash up great. Just hose them off, dry them, and stick them back in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote:82a465d0c5="GYPSYTDA"]not totally, but RML had stated it does keep the dirt contained better, so all you need to do is pull out the mats instead of having to do a heavy duty entire cleaning, which is nice...

kinda like covering a dish when you put it in the microwave, not necessary just contains the mess!

They are rather nice, and I am now considering them, which I thought too, why?? but the front have anchor points, so they don't shift & they are one piece which keeps things nice and simple too! You can flip between the carpetted and the all season too for a nice change![/quote:82a465d0c5]

I'm also looking at getting the mats for my E when it arrives. I had 2 questions that hopefully you can answer.
1) I know the front is actually 1 mat that takes care of the driver and passenger area, but is the rear area, in front of the back seat a seperate mat that you have to order or do they come in a set?
2) I'm torn between the carpetted and rubber Honda mats. I'd love to purchase both sets but at about $100 each, that would not fit my budget at the moment. I'm wondering how the carpetted one will hold up under continous washing and wear.
I've owned a 1985 Jeep CJ7 and mine looked horrible after the 1st year!
I thought that the rubberized floor would be fine for me, but having an 8 year old daughter and 76 year old mother to taxi around the malls, I'm worried about slippage if it rains.
Thanks in advance,
Dave.

·
Registered
608 Posts
BigWaveDave E,

I am happy to try and help

1) The Honda all season mats come as a set. You order one set, and you get both the front and rear mat.

2) Here is something I can't answer. I don't think anyone can yet. With the E only being out for a few months, we have no idea how well the mats will hold up to a year (or more) of use.

I know it is out of your price range, but from what I understand (thanks Gypsytda) both mats will use the same anchors. You can chage the mats from all season to carpet and back depending on what you need/want at the time.

The all season mats (I don't have the carpet) seems to hold up like you think it would. Takes whatever you can throw at it. Washes up quick, and holds up to everything. At least so far :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi there everyone,

looking at buying a green or sop element and would really appreciate if some people could post some pics of the carpet and all season mats.

thanks,
anthony

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote:3d48b12173="RML"]BigWaveDave E,

I am happy to try and help

1) The Honda all season mats come as a set. You order one set, and you get both the front and rear mat.

2) Here is something I can't answer. I don't think anyone can yet. With the E only being out for a few months, we have no idea how well the mats will hold up to a year (or more) of use.

I know it is out of your price range, but from what I understand (thanks Gypsytda) both mats will use the same anchors. You can chage the mats from all season to carpet and back depending on what you need/want at the time.

The all season mats (I don't have the carpet) seems to hold up like you think it would. Takes whatever you can throw at it. Washes up quick, and holds up to everything. At least so far :D[/quote:3d48b12173]

Thanks RML, now I have a few more ideas to think over. I have seen pictures of the carpetted mats in the H AND A honda parts site, but not the all season ones. I know the carpetted ones have a more clean and finished look, but it seems like I'd be defeating the purpose of the non carpetted floor by putting them in. My real concern was slippage when it rains etc...
See yah,
Dave. :wink:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
[quote:04e62909f6="BigWaveDave E"][quote:04e62909f6="GYPSYTDA"]not totally, but RML had stated it does keep the dirt contained better, so all you need to do is pull out the mats instead of having to do a heavy duty entire cleaning, which is nice...

They are rather nice, and I am now considering them, which I thought too, why?? but the front have anchor points, so they don't shift & they are one piece which keeps things nice and simple too! You can flip between the carpetted and the all season too for a nice change![/quote:04e62909f6]

I'm also looking at getting the mats for my E when it arrives. I had 2 questions that hopefully you can answer.
1) I know the front is actually 1 mat that takes care of the driver and passenger area, but is the rear area, in front of the back seat a seperate mat that you have to order or do they come in a set?
2) I'm torn between the carpetted and rubber Honda mats. I'd love to purchase both sets but at about $100 each, that would not fit my budget at the moment. I'm wondering how the carpetted one will hold up under continous washing and wear.
I've owned a 1985 Jeep CJ7 and mine looked horrible after the 1st year!
I thought that the rubberized floor would be fine for me, but having an 8 year old daughter and 76 year old mother to taxi around the malls, I'm worried about slippage if it rains.
Thanks in advance,
Dave.
[/quote:04e62909f6]

http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementallseasonmats.pdf
This is the install for the front and rear all season mats, and the carpetted are the same, they are both one piece units, and each set includes the back and front.. hope this helps.. good luck!

Of course I just realized you got several responses, oh well. sigh!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts