Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at 50 Elements on Facebook Marketplace. I obtained VINs on 12 Elements. 3 of the Elements have understated mileage. One Element had over 200,000 less miles than Carfax showed. Buyer beware. If you are committed to buying do not even make an offer until after you get the carfax checked.

The odometers can be rigged.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
749 Posts
About 5 years ago, there was this Garage sale which was being held in a storage unit building that was right behind a medium sized Used Car lot.

Most of the storage units had people selling the usual yard / garage sale junk. But one unit, which obviously belonged to the used car lot, had lots and lots of car & truck parts for sale. And among these parts were 2 rectangular 8 foot folding tables stacked high with nothing but speedometer heads from various different later model cars. There were hundreds of them!

Now I must admit, I'm not the fastest thinker out there, and I wondered: Why on earth would someone have so many different speedometer heads????

Then it dawned on me! That low life used car salesman (and this guy really was a low life; even as used car salesman go!) was going to local wrecking yards and buying speedometer heads with lower mileage on them than the cars he bought at auction! And the stupid a$$ didn't even have enough good sense to get rid of the evidence!

I supposed I should have turned him in to the cops, but............. The whole so called "criminal justice" system in this country is totally stacked against the honest people anyway. So I figured, why bother! So I just bought some car parts that I could flip for a profit on flea Bay. Yeah, I know, selfish! : - (

Is it any wonder why used car salesmen (and attorneys and politicians) have the reputation that they have?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have looked at 50 Elements on Facebook Marketplace. I obtained VINs on 12 Elements. 3 of the Elements have understated mileage. One Element had over 200,000 less miles than Carfax showed. Buyer beware. If you are committed to buying do not even make an offer until after you get the carfax checked.

The odometers can be rigged.
Owners

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guy selling in Atlanta listed element with 135000 mileage. Carfax showed over 200000 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
PSA: There’s a guy in San Diego selling a 2011 AWD Element for 15k on Craigslist with “49k” miles... Carfax shows over 180k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts