Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have not flushed the cooling or brake system ever since i bought it in 2003.
i used oem honda antifreeze/coolant type 2 and full syn brake fluids.
the old brake fluid might look clean but its got contamination and made the brake pedal feedback soft :x:x
i would totally recommend on flushing your brake system & cooling system if its never been changed before (over 50k miles of course).
u will feel the differences.much tighter and firmer feedback from brake pedal :)
and coolant sytem is just regular maintainance.owner's manual said it does not need to be flushed,just drain and refill,but i flushed it anyway. :-D
took me two hours to do the procedures on cooling system alone,

·
Registered
320 Posts
to do the drain and refill of the cooling system, do you think one gallon of the honda coolant is enough? i'm at 105k and i want to do it, i bought one gallon thinking it was enough but now i'm not sure.

i've also been planning to flush out and bleed the brakes w/ new fluid also, i hate the way my pedal feels right now.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If you do a back flush you have to remove the T stat as it will close and not let water through. Backflushing works for when there is rust and scaling that has built up and is clogging the radiator and heater core. if you keep your system in good condition you shouldn't have to do that. Last vehicle I had to do that on is my old Fire truck ans the Dept never had coolant in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts