Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever wanted to have a Flying Car? Since I first started reading the old Popular Science Magazines with their concept cars with complete "do it yourself" drawings I've always wondered about the possibility.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I posted a news article about Terrafugia last year. There based in Woburn Massachusetts I think. The price is high for a car, but not bad for a plane.

Plus I like the Rotax Engine!

Dom

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
I strongly suspect the canard was a "fix". The stabilator would be mostly blanked by the fuselage/body, or in too much wake turbulence to be used for control.

I was assigned to an F-111 project in my younger days. Unfortunately I know all about fuselage flow issues and blanking of control surfaces... and engine intakes. :-(

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Yeah, IIRC that's the reason the ME-262 started out with a tailwheel but had to be converted to tricycle configuration. In the nose-high ground attitude, the elevators didn't get enough airflow to be effective, so the pilots couldn't pull the tail up at a reasonable speed. As if the takeoff run wasn't long enough with those early turbojets!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts