Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2005 Honda Element EX AWD. I know the car has keyless entry, the previous owner told me that he lost the remotes. I checked ebay they have thousands, but all asking me with the FCC ID# is for my 2005 Honda ELement EX AWD. I have no clue!!! Can someone please help me to find out what the FCC ID# for my car that way I can buy a coulpe Keyless remotes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hello, I just bought a 2005 Honda Element EX AWD. I know the car has keyless entry, the previous owner told me that he lost the remotes. I checked ebay they have thousands, but all asking me with the FCC ID# is for my 2005 Honda ELement EX AWD. I have no clue!!! Can someone please help me to find out what the FCC ID# for my car that way I can buy a coulpe Keyless remotes.

Thanks
I'm afraid I can't help you until I get home to the spare Element key and remote. The numbers are on a sticker on the back of the remote, and after three years, the sticker on mine is completely unreadable.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Sorry, I have to admit I kinda forgot about this until tonight...

G8D-344H-A
FCC ID: OUCG8D-344H-A
Canada: 850104448

Mine's an '06.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keyless Remote: FCC ID via Honda Part Number?

I need to get myself a new keyless remote for my E, and don't want to spend a fortune to do so, so I wanna get one on ebay. Unfortunately, I've lost them both and no longer know the FCC ID, which I need in order to get the right one. I went to a dealer to find out, but the parts guy claimed not to be able to tell me the FCC ID number since they only existed on the physical fob itself, and he couldn't very well open the sealed bag the fob was in or it wouldn't be new anymore, would it? :|

He was, however, nice enough to give me the Honda Part Number: 72147-$5T-A01 (that $ could be an 8 I suppose...)

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to find out the FCC ID from that part number?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go to Handa and look at their installation instructions, it will show you how to get to and read the little black box under the dash that has the code you want on it. Read the code and go to ebay, i did this same thing with my E when i bought it, had keyless entry 1 week later for 19 dollars including shipping ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I answered in your other thread but here is a little better answer....

http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementkeyless.pdf

use that link to see how to install the keyless entry (super easy)

basically it shows you where the reciever unit is... that reciever unit actually has your FCC # you need.

hope that helps!

EF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go to Handa and look at their installation instructions, it will show you how to get to and read the little black box under the dash that has the code you want on it. Read the code and go to ebay, i did this same thing with my E when i bought it, had keyless entry 1 week later for 19 dollars including shipping ;)
Thanks! I'll check it out...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Part number 72147-S5T-A01

OUCG8D-344H-A
I answered in your other thread but here is a little better answer....

http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementkeyless.pdf

use that link to see how to install the keyless entry (super easy)

basically it shows you where the reciever unit is... that reciever unit actually has your FCC # you need.

hope that helps!

EF
My FCC ID is 0UCG8D-344H-B. Will a 0UCG8D-344h-A remote work?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
03 e ex remote ?

Just got a 03 element ex 4x4, no remote, i called a dealer he said from the vin # it does not have a remote???? Is that possible? Or was he just too busy? How do i check?

·
12,180 Posts
Just got a 03 element ex 4x4, no remote, i called a dealer he said from the vin # it does not have a remote???? Is that possible? Or was he just too busy? How do i check?

The 2003's did not have factory keyless. It was a dealer installed accessory.

Starting in 2004 EX"s came with factory keyless.

The link in this post will show you what to look for under the dash to see if you have keyless installed.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=832660&postcount=9

The person you talked to at the dealer should have been able to explain this to you instead of saying just saying no you don't have it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts