Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just updated my build post to talk about lighting, but figured I’d do a dedicated Fog Light post here since I went through some Foglight pain and show some other options.

I did the Winjets like usual, didnt like the output so converted to HIDs, but those eventually failed for moisture.

Then I did an aftermarket round projector foglight, also converted to HIDs, and those worked and looked really good in the fog light hole. But I kept having to replace HID bulbs or ballasts, so I needed something different.

After the last time they failed, I had enough and had to go a different route, so then I went with the 3” Square LED Fog Light Pods. Adapter Bracket required for the install, but looks awesome, and light output is amazing. Highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
165 Posts
Nice 8)
Whats the watt output on those LEDs?
Why did the HIDs (bulbs and ballasts) keep failing, you kept submerging them while crossing streams?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are fog light pods from SuperBrightLEDs. 13W - 1700 Lumens. I went with the ones that have the cutoff line, and they project extremely well. And I wanted to cut off line because cutoff lines are cool :) , and so I dont blind oncoming traffic.

Expensive but worth every penny.

HID bulb and ballast failure I would say its a combination of things, I've ran HIDs on all my cars for a long time. I'll take those any day of halogen. But as price has come down, so has the quality in my opinion. Even down to the pins in the connectors getting faulty over time. The round housings were aluminum with glass lenses and really good, but had failure points too (i.e. venting) and of course I could have done a better job sealing. But at a certain point I get tired of chasing why things fail...and usually I have a back-up itch for something better. Which is why I made the switch to the LED pods.

If really interested PM me, I have quite a few of these adapter brackets available since I had a handful built.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better pic of the bolt-on adapter brackets. Hole pattern to mount to the bumper cover, bent arm for the led pod mount, additional hole patterns for some other foglights.

Still have quite a few, PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are fog light pods from SuperBrightLEDs. 13W - 1700 Lumens. I went with the ones that have the cutoff line, and they project extremely well. And I wanted to cut off line because cutoff lines are cool :) , and so I dont blind oncoming traffic.

Expensive but worth every penny.

HID bulb and ballast failure I would say its a combination of things, I've ran HIDs on all my cars for a long time. I'll take those any day of halogen. But as price has come down, so has the quality in my opinion. Even down to the pins in the connectors getting faulty over time. The round housings were aluminum with glass lenses and really good, but had failure points too (i.e. venting) and of course I could have done a better job sealing. But at a certain point I get tired of chasing why things fail...and usually I have a back-up itch for something better. Which is why I made the switch to the LED pods.

If really interested PM me, I have quite a few of these adapter brackets available since I had a handful built.
What do these adapter brackets look like and how much you selling them for

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adapter Bracekets are custom. DM me so I can put you on a list for the next run. Trying to get a bulk production run going.
Fog Lights I used are these from SBL, Part Number: FOG-CW25W

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EOC - placing an order for the next run of fog brackets on Monday. Will ship in 3 weeks, first week of January 2020.
DM me for details ASAP if you want to be included, need to know by 12/15. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I knows it a little late lol. But I need these brakets as well. Looking to put some rigid 3x3 pods in the fog holes

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello EOC - I had a good amount of interest on the previous run of brackets. Whose in for the next run? I will be doing another run of these Foglight adapter brackets with expected ship end of Feb.
These brackets allow for easy mounting of LED pods to the fog light location. Upgrade the look and lighting.
Please DM me asap if you want to be included. Thanks.

And thank you to those on the first run. Appreciate the support. Cant wait to see those install pics!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello EOC - I had a good amount of interest on the previous run of brackets. Whose in for the next run? I will be doing another run of these Foglight adapter brackets with expected ship end of Feb.
These brackets allow for easy mounting of LED pods to the fog light location. Upgrade the look and lighting.

And thank you to those on the first run. Appreciate the support. Cant wait to see those install pics!
Thanks for the offer. I've been in hospital for some weeks. I ordered a set of Jeep 4" round LEDs before hand and ran out of time to install, but that is still my plan after I recover in about 6 more weeks or so.

If you Start a new thread with pics, or want to add some here in this thread, I think that would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts

PM sent

·
Registered
1 Posts

I would definitely be interested. How much and how soon. Thanks for the great work. Please DM me details

1 - 20 of 24 Posts