Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a pair of OEM foglights (2004 Element). Everything works fine, but I have two issues: does anyone know the name of this fuse connector (see attached), and the wire that is connected to the fuse box is always on, does anyone know another place to connect the power to the fusebox underneath the steering wheel that shuts off when the car is off. Currently, once the lights are on - they stay on regardless if the car is on or off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have not figured out the name of the wire harness or which fuse shuts off power when ignition is turned off. The wire might have to be re-routed to another terminal, but I haven't tested. Right now, I am connecting to 'U' in the diagram. This site might help in identifying what each fuse connects to: Fuse Box Diagram Honda Element (2003-2011)

·
Registered
39 Posts
PN 6098-0234

Did you install a fog light switch? The 03-06 have a switch on the dash next to your CC. 07 & up have a different turn signal stalk with a fog light switch on it.

This thread might be helpful:
Aftermarket (Winjet) Fog Light Retrofit - '07-'08

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ended up using fuse slot 12. That works. It will only be switched on when the vehicle is running which is what I wanted. I used one of these for the positive lead to the fuse box.

Yes the switch is right next to the CC switch. Fits perfectly.

Only thing that is a minor annoyance is that the switch is illuminated. It seems to be a little dimmer when not active but gets brighter when active.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PN 6098-0234

Did you install a fog light switch? The 03-06 have a switch on the dash next to your CC. 07 & up have a different turn signal stalk with a fog light switch on it.

This thread might be helpful:
Aftermarket (Winjet) Fog Light Retrofit - '07-'08
Thank you for this, it is super helpful!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted the same exact thing (having the lights shut off when the car is off), I just purchased the mini-blade fuse tap adapter and will install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up using fuse slot 12. That works. It will only be switched on when the vehicle is running which is what I wanted. I used one of these for the positive lead to the fuse box.
I received the fuse tap and installed using the same 7.5amp fuse in slot 12. After turning on the lights and admiring how everything works perfectly the fog lights went out (maybe on for like 20 sec). I checked the fuse, and it popped. Do I need to increase the amps of the fuse to a 10 or 20? I am not sure - just checking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe my 12 was empty/unused. The little kit I got you sort of piggy back fuses. I believe one is for overall circuit protection and one for the line item out. I did populate both fuses in mine. I think I used 10 amp but not positive.

Sorry I'm not more helpful. Not positive what that 7.5 is protecting but qt least in my configuration i have not had any issues yet.

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts